ICT Support Analyst
|Department:||Victorian Institute of Teaching|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
||Melbourne - CBD
||$57,036 - $69,253
||ICT Support Analyst - PD.DOC (Word, 141KB)||PD Preview:
||Preview unavailable for this role
Established in 2001, the Victorian Institute of Teaching is an independent statutory authority regulating the teaching profession in Victoria.
An opportunity exists within the Corporate & Communication Branch for an ICT Support Analyst.
The ICT Support Analyst reports directly to the Infrastructure Management Team Leader and is responsible for providing desktop and associated infrastructure technology and related customer support services.
The ICT Support Analyst will also assist with the management of the Institute’s Computer Network.
The ICT Support Analyst is a VIT Grade 3 position. Employment is subject to the terms and conditions of the Victorian Institute of Teaching Certified Agreement 2004.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Administration of network infrastructure.
• Maintain access control for Windows 2003 Network, Active Directory and components such as eDocs correspondence.
• Update Lotus Notes/Microsoft Dynamics CRM Access Lists and Groups.
• Update File level security for Hummingbird, shared drive and local drives.
• Administration of Windows 2003 Servers.
• Maintenance of VMWAR servers hosting the virtual environment.
• Maintenance of Virtual servers, which includes, Document management server, Exchange server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM server and other servers.
Desktop & Operational
• Install upgrade and support PCs, printers and other peripheral devices such as PDAs, etc.
• Create Exchange 2007 Users and troubleshoot Outlook Client connection issues.
• Assist Records Admin with document management and EzyScan scanner.
• Resolve mail routing issues.
• Document configuration and troubleshooting as part of Incident and Problem Management
• Test changes and assist with deployment as part of Change Management.
• Effectively communicate with staff and external contractors.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following Key Selection Criteria (KSC):
• Proven strong customer service skills.
• Advanced knowledge, understanding and practical experience in a service desk environment.
• Experience and knowledge in providing support in a diverse and relatively complex environment, including applications (Microsoft Office products, VMWare, Printer, Microsoft Back Office support, PDA devices, Lotus Notes) and operating systems.
• Sound knowledge of data networks, networking infrastructure and protocols.
• Experience in Active Directory and Group Policy
• Experience in the design and development of SOE’s, application packaging and software deployment.
• Well developed communication, interpersonal and team oriented skills.
• A tertiary qualification is preferred
• Exposure to ITIL service management processes desirable
To apply for this position, please quote ref: ICTSA 0213 and send your resume and a document addressing the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) as outlined above, to email@example.com . For your application to be considered, you must address the KSC.
To find out about opportunities at the Institute, please visit www.vit.vic.edu.au or if you would like more information on the role and KSC, please email Nicholas Barboussas - Nicholas.Barboussas@vit.vic.edu.au
Applications close Sunday 24th February 2013.