Data Integration & ETL specialist
|Department:||Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority|
|Job Function:||IT and Telecommunications|
|Work Location:||Burwood East|
|Salary Range:||$105,838 ($96,656 base) - $139,260 ($127,178 base)|
|Job Duration:||12 Months|
|Attachments:||PD - Information Technology Service - Data Integration & ELT Specialist.docx (Word, 395KB)|
The Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA) provides the critical link between the Victorian community and the State’s emergency services agencies for police, fire, ambulance and Victoria State Emergency Service. ESTA manages the provision of advanced, operational communications and provides Victoria’s 24-hour triple zero ‘000’ emergency call-taking and dispatch services.
About the role
This key role is responsible for the development and management of the data integration solutions for ESTA. You will use your previous experience in an SQL Server environment to lead the development of the Enterprise Data Warehouse for any of ESTA’s data sources using extract, translate and load technologies (ETL) while allowing applications, BI and reporting services the ability to access the data they need without having to build custom data migration solutions.
The variety and challenge in this role will come from the following duties:
- Drive changes to ESTA’s data integration ETL’s and ensure they are efficiently designed so as to not impact the source applications of any third party or in house solutions.
- Responsible for the ETL processes into the data warehouse, data stores and data marts are functional and provide ongoing monitoring.
- Build new ETL scripts and packages required to move data from any ESTA application data sources, databases or data stores
- Develop ways to automate manual data processing by using data migration technologies to fast track the processes
- Provide advice on ways to improve current data integration.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT with a focus on Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience in SQL Server 2014 and above
- Previous experience in a critical Data Warehouse Developer with sound knowledge and experience in SSIS,SSAS,SSRS, XML, T-SQL, VB or C# .NET
- Well developed customer service, documentation and analytical skills required.
- Understanding and working knowledge of OLAP Cubes.
- ITIL qualified
How to Apply
- Click the 'apply' button to be taken to ESTA’s online application portal.
- Applicants should provide an updated CV and a cover letter outlining their key skills and experience aligned to the role.
- Applications will close on Sunday 26 2017