|Department:||Greyhound Racing Victoria|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Classification:||As per advertisement|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||As per advertisement|
|Attachments:||Senior Lawyer - PD FINAL_March 2017.pdf (PDF, 410KB)|
(03) 8329 1234
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate and Legal Services, the Senior Lawyer will provide strategic and practical legal advice, legal recommendations and solutions both written and verbal in support of GRV's operations (excluding prosecutions), as well as the current review of regulatory frameworks. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the development of legislative change proposals and revisions to the existing regulatory framework. The role works closely in supporting the Leadership Team in delivering best practice legal advice across and throughout the organisation. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a high standard of legal competencies and evidence of maturity and judgement to analyse and solve complex legal issues.
To be considered for this position you will demonstrate:
- Specialist knowledge and experience in the principles and practice of commercial and administrative law and related areas, as well as strong statutory interpretation skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert and authoritative written and/or verbal advice, which is accurate and clear on a range of highly complex and sensitive matters in areas of commercial law, administrative law and statutory interpretation
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex research (including comparative and electronic research) and analysis in existing and emerging areas of law, and to present the results of that research in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client relationship management skills, including an ability to provide professional leadership, supervision and mentoring to staff and build and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people including clients, lawyers, barristers, colleagues and managers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with tight timeframes and manage a number of different and complex projects/tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to embrace, and an enthusiasm for engaging with, new areas of law or challenging situations as well as a demonstrated enthusiasm for, and commitment to, working for GRV
- Demonstrated ability to work in a sustained way and deliver results under pressure.
- Proven communication, relationship management and negotiation skills at a senior level.
For further information about the position please contact Murray Bruce, Manager, Corporate and Legal Services, on (03) 8329 1234.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. All applications must address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications close 5:00pm 4 April 2017.
GRV is an EEO employer
All offers of Employment will be subject to a satisfactory police check
All employees must have the right to work in Australia