Referral Service Triage Practitioner
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full or part time|
|Job Function:||Emergency Management|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - Eastern Metro|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Ambulance Victoria is excited to be recruiting health professionals for the position of Referral Service Triage Practitioner based in Burwood (Melbourne, Victoria). With full time and part time positions available, the Referral Service is a 24-hour, seven-day operation with shifts rostered on a rotation basis including night shift, which involves a cascading roster.
The Referral Service provides a critical function within Ambulance Victoria as a coordination point for ambulance callers who do not require emergency ambulance intervention and can be better managed through an alternate service provider. Referral Service Triage Practitioners are responsible for conducting telephone triage aimed at identifying and providing an appropriate and coordinated health management response to members of the community who call “000”.
This role allows health professionals to use their clinical knowledge and skills in secondary patient triage and assessment. This then delivers job satisfaction by assessing low acuity callers to Triple Zero and then directing the callers to the most appropriate service for their health condition.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Telephone Triage of 000 calls
- Referral to appropriate service providers within health care and community based organisations
- Rostered shifts to support 24/7, 7 day a week service delivery requirement
- Full time and Part Time Opportunities exist (Full time 42 hours per week, part-time 21 hours per week average)
To apply for a Referral Service Triage Practitioner position, applicants must be one of either of the following health professionals:
- A Paramedic with a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience. Current employment within an emergency ambulance service is highly preferred and previous training and experience in clinical telephone triage is advantageous.
- A Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration and a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience, which includes either emergency room triage or critical care experience. Previous training and experience in clinical telephone triage is advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people’s skills and abilities. If you’re ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
The annual rolled-in-rate salary for a Referral Service Triage Practitioner – Year 1 is $108,041. The weekly rolled-in-rate is $2,070.60. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles and other benefits including free on-site parking.
Should you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Melanie Hollingworth, Recruitment Advisor, on 03 9840 3551.
How to apply
Internal applicants are requested to complete the Referral Service Triage Practitioner Application Form (attached).
All other applicants are requested to submit each of the following documents and this will form an integral part of the selection process:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the selection criteria detailed in the position description
Please note, this will be a rolling recruitment process and applications will be processed and assessed as they are submitted. Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close on Sunday 30 April 2017. Apply by clicking below.