Health and Safety Manager
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Occupational Health and Safety|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$105,105 - $123,347|
|Job Duration:||Fixed Term 3 years|
|Attachments:||10542 Health and Safety Mgr Gr8 .pdf (PDF, 391KB)|
(03) 8427 3790
- Lead the health and safety function at Parks Victoria
- Opportunity to manage diverse range of health and safety issues
- Contribute to the future of Victoria’s Parks
About the branch
Parks Victoria’s vision is to be a world-class parks service, ensuring healthy parks for healthy people. It is a statutory authority with responsibility for managing an expanding and diverse estate covering more than 4 million hectares, or about 17 per cent, of Victoria.
About the role
The Health and Safety Manager leads the safety function to ensure that Parks Victoria has in place a high performing safety culture, meets its statutory obligations and achieves its corporate objectives for a safe and healthy workplace.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Provide high level strategic advice to achieve and sustain a ‘Safety First – Zero Injuries” safety culture
- coach, mentor and manage the health and safety team to achieve consistent and timely specialist health and safety advice across all levels of the organisation.
- working closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify, develop and implement health and safety programs and initiatives
To be successful for this role you will need to have demonstrated experience in managing a team of safety professionals, experience of provision of expert and technical advice.
Parks Victoria requires all prospective employees to undergo a National Police Record Check prior to an employment offer being made.
Join our Innovative organisation and enjoy what you do, apply today!
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Parks Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a commitment to merit, equity and diversity in the workplace.