• VPS G5.2
• $100,431 - $109,969 per annum plus superannuation
The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) conducts State and local council elections and is responsible for promoting public awareness and understanding of electoral issues in the Victorian community.
The VEC’s IT Branch is responsible for the delivery of all the technology required by the VEC including the infrastructure and software development and maintenance of all the applications required by the organisation to conduct and administer its electoral responsibilities. The VEC undertakes development of a substantial portfolio of applications used during an election which are critical to the success of the electoral events the VEC conduct.
|Department:||Victorian Electoral Commission|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||IT and Telecommunications|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$100,431 - $109,969|
|Attachments:||Disclosure of Political Activities Fact Sheet.pdf (PDF, 449KB)|
118 Applications Developer - Position Description.pdf (PDF, 213KB)
|Contact:||Jess Trinh |
(03) 8319 1261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role
Reporting directly to Development and Support Manager, the Application Developer is responsible for the development of enhancements to the VEC’s production software. During election events the Application Developer provides software support along with the VEC’s Operations Team. The Application Developer will also be an active member of the VEC’s development teams for major software development projects.
The successful applicant
To be successful, you will need to have expertise and experience in a range of programming skillsets, in particular:
- Programming and using Visual Studio, TFS, WPF, SQL Server stored procedures, PowerShell scripting.
- For support of legacy Microsoft n-tier system - VB6, C++, Crystal Reports, COM+, ASP.
In addition the Application Developer will need experience working in an Agile development methodology and supporting complex systems in a high-pressured environment with rigid timelines.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a current CV and address the Key Selection Criteria contained in the position description, which is available at vec.vic.gov.au and careers.vic.gov.au or they cannot be considered.
Applications should be lodged online via the Apply Now button (below).
Applications close at 5:00pm on 2nd May 2017.
The VEC is an equal opportunity employer*.
* In accordance with Section 17A of the Electoral Act 2002, the VEC may ask applicants for disclosure of specific political activities that could compromise the perceived independence of the organisation. Please read the Disclosure of Political Activities Fact Sheet before applying.