Finance Coordinator Growth Programs
• Fixed Term Full Time (12 Months)
• $70,398 pa (plus 9.50% superannuation)
|Department:||Country Fire Authority|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Work Location:||Burwood East|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Job Duration:||12 Months|
|Attachments:||PD-PTA 4 Finance Coordinator Growth Programs - Feb 2017.pdf (PDF, 58KB)|
03 9262 8957
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is one of the world's largest, and most highly regarded community based emergency services organisations. We respond to fire and other emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whilst our firefighters are the cornerstone of CFA services, what goes on behind the scenes is just as important in helping to protect lives and property.
The primary purpose of the role is to contribute to the effective financial management of the Growth Programs and EMR Program within the Fire & Emergency Management department, through the delivery of transactional financial services across CFA including:
- effective, consistent and accurate advice and recording of financial transactions and
- assisting the Program and Project Managers in maintaining a high standard of financial governance and compliance with CFA financial policy
- Deliver a customer-centric, compliant, accurate, effective and efficient transactional financial service.
- Advise the Programs on matters relating to financial transactions and financial policy/governance.
- Monitor the compliance of Programs on financial policy.
- Support the Growth Programs Finance Manager in the development of monthly variance reporting, forecasting and end of month/year processes as required.
- Assist the Growth Programs Finance Manager in the provision of financial management advice to the Growth Programs team as required.
- Support the EMR Project Manager in the development of monthly variance reporting, forecasting and end of month/year processes as required.
- Assist the EMR Project Manager in the provision of financial management advice, as required.
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven experience undertaking a similar role in a large and complex-organisation.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work accurately in high pressure situations and under tight timeframes with the ability to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, prioritise workload and be responsive to customer needs.
- High level of understanding of financial systems and processes.
- Ability to engage stakeholders and utilise business acumen to successfully resolve issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting purposes.
- Tertiary qualifications: a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or on a course of study leading to such a degree.
- Experience with large ERP systems (eg: SAP) and strong excel skills
When applying for a position with CFA, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressing your suitability for the role based on the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description (refer to attached)
Submitting your Application
When you click the 'apply' button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment-related questions.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police History Check.
CFA values workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity organisation.