Audit and Reports Manager
|Department:||Vic Auditor-General Office|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$100,431 - $109,969|
|Attachments:||PD - 5.2 Audit and Reports Manager - FA.pdf (PDF, 188KB)|
- Dynamic role combining your financial audit experience and report writing skills
- Make a difference in the Victorian public sector
- VPSG 5.2 $100,431 - $109,969 plus 9.5% superannuation contribution
- Permanent opportunity in central Melbourne
About the role:
As the Audit and Reports Manager, you will be responsible for managing and delivering assigned financial audits, managing resources, monitoring the financial audit work, and ensuring the work is delivered within agreed budgets and timeframes. You will present audit findings, evidence, conclusions and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
Assisting the Senior Manager - Snapshots, you will also be responsible for delivering training and other continuous improvement projects regarding Financial Audit’s Parliamentary Reports program. You will be required to assist in managing the completion of assigned Parliamentary reports and deliver quality work within agreed budgets and timeframes.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, you will have -
- Experience managing and delivering external financial audits or complex investigations, inquiries or reviews
- Excellent working knowledge of Australian Accounting and Auditing Standards, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce, Business, Finance or a related field preferably at postgraduate level
- Full professional membership with CPA Australia or the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Experience in the production of reports and briefing documents to Parliament (or other similar government bodies)
- Ability to travel to various client locations within Victoria
- Leadership and people management expertise - providing support, coaching and mentoring
At VAGO, we support and encourage work/life balance and flexible working arrangements and strive to maintain a pleasant and collaborative working environment for our staff. We structure our learning and development program in a way that provides our staff with the support and tools they need to achieve career goals and we offer a range of employment benefits.
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button where you can download the position description and submit your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should outline your motivation for applying and your suitability for this role against our key selection criteria headings.
For any enquiries please contact Jeremy Oliver at Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm, Sunday 9 April 2017.