Business Systems Adviser
|Department:||Department of Premier & Cabinet|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||IT and Telecommunications|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$78,773 - $89,375|
|Attachments:||Position Description VPS4 Business Systems Adviser (April 2017).docx (Word, 254KB)|
|Contact:||Fiona Seal, Manager, Information Management & Syst|
(03) 9651 0014
About the Cabinet Office
We play a leadership role within DPC and across government. Our specialist policy advice and support helps facilitate informed executive government decision-making including the exercise of parliamentary responsibilities, the operation of Executive Council and compliance with Cabinet processes and protocols. We are also responsible for ensuring the security and preservation of Cabinet records coordination, and for managing the Premier’s and key Minister’s correspondence.
About the Business Systems Adviser, Information Management & Systems
The Business Systems Adviser is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of information systems and business processes to meet the Department’s objectives, broad project requirements, specific end-user needs and professional standards.
The Business Systems Adviser works in the Information Management and Systems team of the Cabinet Office, and provides IT support for core Cabinet Office functions. The role interacts with a range of Departmental stakeholders, so a professional attitude is essential.
Your day to day work will include:
- Providing advice about business processes, system functionality, IT security, and the feasibility of IT or process changes
- Leading or contributing to a range of small to medium process and technology improvement projects
- Training operational and senior staff in how to use Cabinet Office IT systems, in both workshop and one-on-one formats
- Overseeing the access management process for Cabinet Office IT systems
- Providing technical support for Cabinet Office IT systems, including escalation to vendors and monitoring their response.
To excel in this role, you would benefit from:
- Previous work experience within Government
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and experience with Lotus Notes database programming, administration and design
- Demonstrated experience developing user interfaces, and an understanding of best practice user interface design principles
- Sound knowledge of information security principles
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills with the availability to work with competing pressures
If you have strong Lotus Notes database experience with an interest in investigating new innovations outside this environment, and you are service-oriented and enjoy dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, then this may be the position for you.
The closing date for this position is 25 April 2017.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia. Visa holders will not be considered.
How to apply:
All applications should include a resume and a cover letter (responses addressing all key selection criteria must accompany the application and should not exceed a total of 3 pages).
Please refer to the contact on the Position Description if you have any questions regarding the job vacancy.
Other relevant information:
Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check.
DPC is an equal opportunity employer and our recruitment process focuses on essential skills and abilities. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.