Senior Project Adviser, Information Management & Systems
|Department:||Department of Premier & Cabinet|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||IT and Telecommunications|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$90,890 - $109,969|
|Attachments:||Position Description -VPS5 Senior Project Adviser Information Management and Systems (April 2017).docx (Word, 237KB)|
|Contact:||Fiona Seal, Manager, Information Management & Syst|
(03) 9651 0014
About the Cabinet Office
We play a leadership role within DPC and across government. Our specialist policy advice and support helps facilitate informed executive government decision-making including the exercise of parliamentary responsibilities, the operation of Executive Council and compliance with Cabinet processes and protocols. We are also responsible for ensuring the security and preservation of Cabinet records coordination, and for managing the Premier’s and key Minister’s correspondence.
About the Senior Project Adviser, Information Management & Systems
This role is primarily responsible for the planning, coordination and delivery of key information systems projects. The role will encourage collaboration in a digital environment, using corporate information tools to streamline processes, and manage our information securely and efficiently.
This exciting two year opportunity reports to the Manager, Information Management & Systems, and will help develop projects to strengthen our support of Cabinet and Executive Government functions.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing technological systems to best support core Cabinet Office functions
- Partnering with stakeholders, business sponsors and service providers to accurately scope and identify project requirements, advising on prioritisation, planning, and implementation schedules
- Coordinating the successful integration of solutions and infrastructure, accounting for human, operational and functional factors
- Monitoring industry developments and trends and maintaining a current knowledge of contemporary information systems news and issues
- Supporting the Manager, Information Management Systems by providing expert advice in the analysis, evaluation, development and implementation of Cabinet Systems issues, trends, initiatives and practices.
If this is you, and you want a chance to make a difference in this new, two-year project role, we’d love to hear from you:
- You have experience in planning and organising projects, and a knowledge of project management or project office methodologies, practices, and processes
- You’re great at identifying systems to improve core processes, and know how to provide convincing advice to senior stakeholders both verbally and in writing. You’re adept at working with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, and you’re not afraid to suggest new ideas
- You’re an advocate for change, and you use your broad influence skills to overcome barriers and gain support
- You’re organised with a focus on accomplishment and results, and you can be flexible and change priorities when needed
- You think strategically but can work operationally, and you use your networks and knowledge to solve complex problems
A tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Information Systems, or Information Management is desirable, but it is not essential. Another relevant tertiary qualification may help you to hit the ground running.
The closing date for this position is 25 April 2017.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
How to apply:
All applications should include a resume and a cover letter (responses addressing all key selection criteria must accompany the application and should not exceed a total of 3 pages).
Please refer to the Position Description if you have any questions regarding the job vacancy.