Fundraising Support Officer
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Emergency Management|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Attachments:||How to apply for a position with AV.pdf (PDF, 169KB)|
Fundraising Support Officer (601849) - June 2016_April 2017 Amendments (00000002) (00000003).pdf (PDF, 349KB)
03 9840 3795
Ambulance Victoria (AV) is seeking a Fundraising Support Officer to join our Community Education and Engagement Department based in Port Melbourne for a full time maternity leave replacement.
The Fundraising Support Officer will provide efficient and detailed management of donations. The role will be required to oversee the data management of all donors and supporters within Blackbaud Raisers Edge database. This role will also be required to produce financial statements and raise purchase orders, in collaboration with volunteer committees and AV staff. The role will regularly generate reports and provide data segmentation and analysis.
About the role
Reporting to the Community Engagement Manager, the main accountabilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Liaise with donors, stakeholders and supporters (First point of call for 1300 number)
- Management of donor and supporter data within Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge database, ensuring comprehensive and accurate records are maintained at all times
- Provide administrative support to the wider Community Fundraising Team, such as but not limited to meeting room bookings and minute taking
- Maintain, update and improve database health and donor records (including troubleshooting)
- Apply a high level of attention to detail, particularly tasks relating to data verification and quality
- Facilitate the transfer of donor data under the direction of the Community Fundraising Team
- Assist in the creation and coding of new campaigns
- Assist with the implementation of the AV Auxiliary Policy (administrative support, writing of documents/procedures, creation of forms, volunteer follow-up (calls/emails/post))
- Provide statistical reports according to specifications supplied
- Coordinate the creation and generation of Crystal Reports
- Work with Community Fundraising Team to deliver on fundraising targets
- Regularly check transactions to locate and resolve any discrepancies between the Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge database and the general ledger
- Train peers in the effective use of Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge and fundraising best practise initiatives
To be successful in this position you will have demonstrated experience in the processing and maintenance of a donor relationship management database. Understanding and experience with Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge or similar database. Experience in engaging with a variety of customers in a positive and customer focused manner. You will possess Intermediate to Advanced computing skills, especially Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook). You will have well-developed problem solving skills with a people oriented focus attention to detail, with specific regards to data entry speed and accuracy. Well-developed problem solving skills with a people oriented focus and ability to demonstrate financial acumen. You will also have the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Please note: This role will require a Victorian Driver Licence as travel throughout Victoria may be required.
What’s in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria’. For any queries please email email@example.com.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that your application for the Fundraising Support Officer position is forwarded by 5pm Thursday 27 April 2017 by clicking on ‘Apply Online’ button.
Ambulance Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By applying for this position within Ambulance Victoria (AV), you agree to undertake an assessment of any Secondary Employment or outside interests. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful