Accounts Payable Officer - Permanent Part-time
|Department:||Albury Wodonga Health|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - part time|
|Classification:||As per award|
|Salary Range:||As per award|
|Attachments:||Accounts Payable Officer - Finance Department Position Description.pdf (PDF, 263KB)|
|Contact:||Rebecca Porter - Manager Financial Operations|
02 6051 7658
Accounts Payable Officer
Permanent – 64 hrs per fortnight
Albury Wodonga Health – Wodonga Campus requires an Accounts Payable Officer to join our Accounts Payable Department, within the broader Finance Team, to assist in the preparation and processing of supplier invoices.
Primary responsibilities of this role:
- Receive, sort, distribute, check, reconcile and accurate data input of general supplier and visiting medical officer invoices into the FMIS system ready for payment.
- Provide customer service in person, via phone or email and liaise with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to department staff, supply/warehouse staff, visiting medical officers, contractors and suppliers.
- Work proactively as part of the wider finance department and work to ensure that expenses are recorded and reported within the correct accounting period and that suppliers are paid within terms.
- File and manage AP records to ensure ease of access to current and historic records.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Team Leader with other relevant and adhoc duties as requested.
- Work primarily from within the finance office in Wodonga, with the flexibility to work from other locations as required.
AWH offers full orientation and training, salary sacrifice and the opportunity to be a part of a supportive and friendly team within a growing organisation.
Candidates meeting the following mandatory criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Extensive previous experience in working in an accounts payable department.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and demonstrated previous experience using a large integrated financial management system.
- Demonstrated accurate and speedy data entry skills.
- Demonstrated use of MS Office with high level skills in the use of excel.
- Previous experience working in a customer service role.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Previous experience in system review and quality improvements.
Salary and conditions of employment will be in accordance with the Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Officers) Multiple Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020.
Successful applicants will be required to complete appropriate Criminal Record Screening paperwork/processes in order for AWH to meet its obligations regarding screening for serious criminal offences (within and external to Australia). Applicants unable to commit to this screening process should not submit an application for employment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory orientation modules using the AWH e-learning system prior to commencing employment.
This is a Category B position. Successful applicants of Category A positions must provide evidence of vaccination prior to commencement.
AWH is unable to support applicants requiring sponsorship
Please refer to the Position Description (see attachments) for more details on this position and required Selection Criteria.
Should you have any questions regarding this position, please contact, Rebecca Porter, Manager of Financial Operations on 02 6051 7658.
AWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Apply via this website, go to 'Apply Now' (at bottom of page) to complete the Application Form. Please ensure that each Selection Criteria is addressed. Also ensure you attach a copy of your resume (including names and contact details of two professional referees). Other documents you feel are relevant may also be attached; however this is limited to 5 documents of no greater than 2 Mega Bytes.
NB if you experience any difficulties with this website or completing the application process, please email email@example.com. Please note this address is for enquires only and applications cannot be submitted via this email.
Applications not received via the Vic Government Careers system by the closing date will not be accepted.