Quality, Risk and Compliance Manager
The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) conducts State and local council elections and is responsible for promoting public awareness and understanding of electoral issues in the Victorian community.
The VEC’s IT Branch is responsible for the delivery of all the technology required by the VEC including the infrastructure and software development and maintenance of all the applications required by the organisation to conduct and administer its electoral responsibilities. The VEC undertakes development of a substantial portfolio of applications used during an election which are critical to the success of the electoral events the VEC conduct.
|Department:||Victorian Electoral Commission|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||IT and Telecommunications|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$130,338 - $149,188|
|Attachments:||Position Description - 194 Quality, Risk and Compliance Manager.pdf (PDF, 214KB)|
Position Description - 194 Quality, Risk and Compliance Manager.docx (Word, 60KB)
Disclosure of Political Activities Fact Sheet.pdf (PDF, 449KB)
|Contact:||Matthew Owen, Randstad|
(03) 8319 1223 or email@example.com
About the Role
Reporting directly to the IT Manager, the Quality, Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for quality across all aspects of the VEC’s IT Branch ensuring that the quality and risk management system is adequately maintained, promoted, managed and developed in accordance with the VEC’s strategic objectives and regulatory compliance requirements.
The successful applicant
To be successful, you will need to have expertise and experience across the following areas of quality at the VEC:
• Expertise in contemporary software testing and quality practices including the development of automated testing regimes in support of
complex and business critical applications
• Expertise managing release and configuration management practices especially in an Agile environment for both in house development products
and third party applications across multiple environments
• Experience and expertise developing and maintaining IT governance frameworks including change management impact of governance on an IT Branch
• Technical and managerial leadership including the ability to work closely with all parts of the VEC’s IT Branch and business users
The Quality, Risk and Compliance Manager will also be responsible for the line management of two test analysts.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a current CV and attach a seperate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria contained in the position description, which is available at vec.vic.gov.au and careers.vic.gov.au or they cannot be considered.
Applications should be lodged online via the Apply Now button (below).
Applications close at 5:00pm on Sunday 7 May 2017.
The VEC is an equal opportunity employer *.
* In accordance with Section 17A of the Electoral Act 2002, the VEC may ask applicants for disclosure of specific political activities that could compromise the perceived independence of the organisation.
Please read the Disclosure of Political Activities Fact Sheet before applying.