|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Communications, Marketing and Media|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$63,629 - $77,259|
|Attachments:||C1183.docx (Word, 430KB)|
Application Form.docx (Word, 628KB)
9247 5563 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- VPSG3 range $63,629 - $77,259p.a. + super + leave loading
- One (1) x Full time, ongoing position
- Working within the Internal Communications Unit, located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Docklands 3008*
About the role:
As the successful applicant, you will have excellent communication skills with a strong focus on stakeholder engagement particularly frontline police and connecting them to organisational messaging.
You will be expected to work autonomously and provide informed advice on key messages and channels to achieve communications objectives.
You will be part of a small team and thrive in a fast-paced environment and respond well to tight deadlines.
Some of your duties will include:
- Preparing relevant, concise and engaging content for the Victoria Police intranet site.
- Assisting in administering the Victoria Police online staff forum and identifying opportunities to engage police members from around the state.
- Developing, implementing and co-ordinating communication plans, strategies and activities tailored to frontline police, under the direction of the Manager, Internal Communications Unit.
- Providing advice on effective employee communications in response to requests from internal stakeholders.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Experience writing for a specific audience and tailoring communication activities to target various audiences.
- Experience in the production of communications in printed and electronic formats, including online publishing skills.
- An ability to effectively operate within a team environment, to take direction and, where required, act autonomously within stipulated timeframes.
- An ability to be able to liaise with people at all levels within a dynamic, multifaceted organisation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to apply effective and efficient communications strategies to complex subject matter.
- An ability to successfully manage competing priorities and work well under pressure.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or a related field are preferred.
Requirements and relevant information:
*Your usual place of work will be within the Internal Communications Unit, Media and Corporate Communications Department, however you may be required to work at any other division within the Department as required.
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
When opening the Application Form which is attached to the advertisement, please ‘save’ a copy to complete. Please note that applicants are NOT required to respond to each key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Nadine Lyford on (03) 9247 5563 or via email email@example.com
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Wednesday 29 March 2017.
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au