Senior Functional Business Analyst
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Human Resources (HR)|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$78,773 - $89,375|
|Job Duration:||until 28/02/2018|
|Attachments:||C2085.docx (Word, 431KB)|
VPS Application Form 20016884.docx (Word, 629KB)
(03) 9247 5998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VPSG4 range $78,773 - $89,375 p.a. + super + leave loading
- Full time, fixed term until 28/02/2018
- Working within the HR Services Division, Human ResourceumH Department located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands 3008*
About the role:
As the successful applicant, you will be providing advice and information in relation to the Victoria Police Human Resource Management System (HRMS). You will be investigating issues and solutions that arise within the HRMS and participating and leading projects relating to HR Systems deliverables. You will be engaging with clients to provide an understanding of requirements and propose solutions to problems. You will be developing relationships to further the investment and involvement with the HRMS at Victoria Police.
Some of your duties will include:
- In consultation with stakeholders, providing high level advice and information on matters relating to employee and establishment management, analysing, developing and enhancing solutions relating to HR management systems, in particular, HR Assist and payroll services, strategies and practices.
- Effectively leading, conducting and/or participating on a range of projects including the analysis and assessment of complex issues within HR management systems, HR electronic systems, payroll, org structure and establishment implications and the development of strategic directions using research techniques and methods.
- Engaging, coordinating, and negotiating effective communications across the Unit and Department relating to ongoing development of methodology and practices for HR management systems, establishment and payroll projects.
- Participating in the development of forms and reports to support the new structure and operations and identifying any impacts on workflow within the HR Assist solution and managing, coordinating and maintaining procedural documentation and training programs developed by the Unit.
- Establishing, coordinating and maintaining effective linkages between Victoria Police initiatives and related internal and external projects with respect to HR management systems, HR Assist and payroll.
The position reports directly to the Manager, Development within HR Systems. Key stakeholders are Human Resource Department Management, Interface receivers and Module users.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Capacity to provide human resource expertise and provision of authoritative advice to senior management and key stakeholders on HR management systems, demonstrated capacity to implement effective resource and reporting frameworks to support strategic, streamlined and consistent people management across the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to document and interpret User Requirements, Business Rules and identify solutions to a range of HR management systems’ issues.
- Experience in developing functional test specifications for complex areas of functionality, setting up test data, and performing functional tests.
- Demonstrated ability and experience analysing the root cause and resolution of production systems’ issues and problems.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with ability in the management of effective relationships and partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders and develop and implement policy initiatives, particularly in relation to organisation management/structures and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in dynamic teams and willingness to share skills/knowledge, learn from others and an ability to guide and mentor others.
Requirements and relevant information:
*Your usual place of work will be within the HR Services Division, Human ResourceumH Department, however you may be required to work at any other division within the Department as required.
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
Applicants are to complete the application form:
When opening the Application Form which is attached to the advertisement, please ‘save’ a copy to complete. Please note that applicants are NOT required to respond to each key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Beth Creasey on (03) 9247 5998 or via email email@example.com.
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 7th May 2017
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au