|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$78,773 - $89,375|
|Job Duration:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||C3061.docx (Word, 430KB)|
Application Form.docx (Word, 628KB)
|Contact:||Taara Olorenshaw |
9247 5301 or Taara.firstname.lastname@example.org
- VPSG4 range $78,773 - $89,375p.a. + super + leave loading
- One (1) Full time fixed term (28/03/2017 – 02/01/2018) position
- Working within the Strategic Investment Management Division, Business Services Department located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street Docklands, 3008*
About the role
As the successful applicant, you will be able to work well under tight timelines in a very dynamic environment. The Strategic Investment Management team plays a key role to plan for and develop Victoria Police's investment proposals for the annual State Budget cycle. This involves engaging with subject matter experts and other internal and external stakeholders to deliver informed strategic and operational leadership to all preparation and monitoring of government investment proposals.
Some of your duties will include
- Assisting with the writing of submissions, including full business cases, seeking government funding
- Supporting the manager, Strategic Investment Management,
- Assist in the provision of advice to both the Director, Strategic Investment, Reporting and Audit, and the Deputy Secretary, Corporate and Regulatory Services
- Build relationships and liaise with internal stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation of briefings for senior management, including Executive Command
As the successful applicant, you will have
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Advanced Microsoft office, particularly Excel and Word
- An understanding of State Government processes would be desirable
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to respond quickly to change
Requirements and relevant information
*Your usual place of work will be within the Strategic Investment Management Division, Business Services Department, however you may be required to work at any other division within the Department as required.
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
When opening the Application Form which is attached to the advertisement, please ‘save’ a copy to complete. Please note that applicants are NOT required to respond to each key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Taara Olorenshaw on (03) 9247 5301 or via email Taara.email@example.com
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 2nd April 2017
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au