|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||IT and Telecommunications|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$111,484 - $149,188|
|Attachments:||C3135.docx (Word, 432KB)|
C3135 Role Statement Manager 20031798.doc (Word, 123KB)
03 9628 8512 or email@example.com
- VPSG6 range $111,484 - $149,188 p.a. + super + leave loading
- Ongoing, full time position available
- Working within the Executive Management Office, IT Service Delivery Department located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands 3008*
About the role:
IT Service Delivery maintains responsive information, communication and technology services, including the delivery of enhancements to IT services supporting and enabling Victoria Police in the servicing of the community.
Victoria Police is seeking an appropriately skilled individual who can bring their Commercial Management expertise to oversee and actively manage the commercial relationships of our IT partners and service providers. A key component of the role will involve the development and implementation of vendor management framework that supports and enables contemporary Commercial and Vendor Management strategies.
The role will be responsible to develop, implement and continuously improve a framework and supporting processes for managing the commercial relationships with all IT Service Delivery vendors.
This will include undertaking commercial analysis identifying and analysing alternative commercial and financial proposals and approaches to develop sound commercial proactive solutions within the service delivery organisation. Developing and implementing robust financial and commercial models underpinning the development of product catalogues and total cost of ownership analysis while integrating service performance and cost effectiveness. Working together with the Service Management Office to develop a scalable strategic vendor governance framework ensuring effective commercial, strategic and operational governance of strategic partners and suppliers.
The role reports directly to the Director IT Service Delivery, in the management and execution of the IT Service Delivery operating plan.
Some of your duties will include:
- Undertaking commercial analysis identifying and analysing alternative commercial and financial proposals and approaches to develop sound commercial proactive solutions within the service delivery organisation.
- Develop and implement robust financial and commercial models underpinning the development of product catalogues and total cost of ownership analysis while integrating service performance and cost effectiveness.
- Together with the Service Management Office develop a scalable strategic vendor governance framework ensuring effective commercial, strategic and operational governance of strategic partners and suppliers.
- Assist in the development of business case costings including scenario modelling.
- Assist in the development of project financial and commercial management.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as information technology or business is highly desirable.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Supports strategic direction, harnessing opportunities
- Achieves results, applying professional expertise
- Supports productive relationships
- Displays personal drive, integrity and personal courage
- Communicates with influence and clarity
The successful applicant is required to undergo National Security Vetting, achieve and maintain a security classification as determined by the Department Head. To achieve this, applicants must be an Australian Citizen.
*Your usual place of work will be within the Executive Management Office, IT Service Delivery Department, however you may be required to work at any other division within the Department as required.
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description and Role Statement attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
Applicants MUST address the full key selection criteria (as detailed in the Position Description attached) and include a resume within their application.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Bret Giles on (03) 9628 8512 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email email@example.com
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Wednesday 29 March 2017.
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au