Senior Disposal Officer
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Administration / Secretarial|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$63,629 - $77,259|
|Attachments:||C3082.docx (Word, 430KB)|
Application Form.docx (Word, 628KB)
|Contact:||Elliot Williams |
9418 3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- VPSG3 range $63,629 - $77,259p.a. + super + leave loading
- One (1) Full time, ongoing position
- Working within the Logistical Support Division, Operational Infrastructure Department located in Melbourne CBD*
About the role
The Asset Disposal Unit (ADU) supports members of Victoria Police and the Department of Justice Asset Confiscations Operations to achieve effective management of disposal of assets generated through confiscation and other law enforcement activities.
The Senior Asset Disposal Officer is responsible for ensuring all property/assets are accurately recorded, collected by an auction house service provider and auctioned off in accordance with strict legislation and compliance procedures.
Additional priorities of the Senior Disposal Officer include leading a small team and undertaking reporting and compliance functions associated with disposal and record management activities.
Some of your duties will include:
- Data entry and verification of information across multiple computer programs & systems
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to provide disposal information and advice
- Coordinating the collection and disposal arrangements of property/assets
- Undertaking compliance and auditing reporting to support the disposal activities
- Undertaking stakeholder management and compliance functions at auction locations and at various other locations as required
- Compile statistical and detailed reports for Senior Management and Executive Command on the disposal activities
- Leading a small specialist team to achieve results
- Undertaking Information and Records Management and Site Security activities as directed
- Actively implement and contribute to the Department’s Workplace Health, Safety and employee well-being initiatives and security activities.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated data-entry experience with proven high level attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level computer proficiency and strong understanding of records management.
- Superior interpersonal communication (written & oral) skills and the ability to provide a high level of customer service to a wide variety of stakeholders including members of the public and Victoria Police employees.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking audits, report writing, undertaking analysis and assessing for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role or managing a team of employees.
- Sound understanding of the confidentiality requirements and integrity required for this role.
Requirements and relevant information
*Your usual place of work will be within the Logistical Support Division, Operational Infrastructure Department, however you may be required to work at any other division within the Department as required.
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
When opening the Application Form which is attached to the advertisement, please ‘save’ a copy to complete.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
Please note that applicants are NOT required to respond to each key selection criteria listed in the position description.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Elliot Williams – Manager Warehouse & Distribution on (03) 9418 3232 or via email email@example.com .
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 2 April 2017
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au