Offender Management Officer
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Risk Management|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$63,629 - $77,259|
|Job Duration:||until 19/01/2018|
|Attachments:||C2830.docx (Word, 431KB)|
|Contact:||Jennifer Delmastro |
9247 5838 or Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
- VPSG3 range $63,629 - $77,259 p.a. + super + leave loading.
- One (1) full time, fixed term (until 19/01/2018) position available.
- Working within the Offender Management Division, Intelligence and Covert Support Command located at the Victoria Police Complex, 637 Flinders St, Docklands.*
About the role:
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for conducting initial risk assessments and providing ongoing consultancy regarding offender risk management.
Some of your duties will include:
Conducting risk assessments of Registered Sex Offenders in line with best-practice guidelines
In conjunction with psychologists, provide consultancy regarding case prioritisation and sex offender management in line with best practice.
Assist the development of offender management plans
Data collection and analysis for the evaluation of Victoria Police Sex Offender risk assessment framework and other strategic priority areas using a variety of computer systems (internal and external), applications and databases.
Provide authoritative timely advice, information and assistance to support regional investigators, operational members and compliance managers in relation to SOR related queries.
- Effectively liaise with compliance managers, key stakeholders regarding matters impacting on the management of registered sex offenders while ensuring strict constraints on disclosure of information.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Knowledge and experience in case management and/or offender management frameworks and strategies
- Experience in assessing highly confidential material and maintaining relevant management systems
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Well -developed analytical and written communication skills
Requirements and relevant information:
- Tertiary qualifications in the related field of criminology, criminal justice or criminal intelligence are highly desirable.
- Prior offender management experience is highly desirable.
- The successful applicant will be required to sign an agreement of confidentiality.
- The successful applicant may be required to undergo regular psychological assessments.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo National Security Vetting, achieve and maintain a security classification as determined by the Department Head. To achieve this the applicant must be an Australian Citizen.
*Your usual place of work will be within the Offender Management Division, Intelligence and Covert Support Command; however you may be required to work at any other division within the Intelligence and Covert Support Command as required.
How to Apply:
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
Applicants MUST address the full key selection criteria and include a resume within their application.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Detective Sergeant Jennifer Delmastro on (03) 9247 5838 or via email Jennifer.email@example.com
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Thursday 30th March 2017
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au