Senior Training Developer (Training Instructional Designer)
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Education and Training|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$90,890 - $109,969|
|Job Duration:||12 months|
|Attachments:||C3224.docx (Word, 431KB)|
VPS Application Form 20033376.docx (Word, 628KB)
|Contact:||Mark Rollo |
(03) 9628 8406 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VPSG-5 range $90,890 - $109,969 p.a. + super + leave loading.
- One (1) full time, fixed term twelve (12) month position.
- Working within the BlueConnect Program, located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands, 3008*
About the role:
The BlueConnect Program’s Training Instructional Designer will be responsible for designing and developing suitable learning for the users of new frontline mobile technology. Being experienced in digital and/or mobile technology training, as well as training development and facilitation, the applicant would preferably have experience in an Agile project delivery environment. This position will be on a Twelve (12) month fixed-term contract basis.
Some of your duties will include:
- Reviewing and analysing existing training materials, and coordinate the development of a range of digital and face-to-face training solutions;
- Developing innovative digital tools that align with and enhance the mobile user experience for a diverse workforce;
- Identifying and designing suitable digital templates to standardise training development processes with an emphasis on training designs for mobile technology/devices;
- Designing engagement materials for end users and train-the-trainer materials for Super Users including videos and slide presentations;
- Liaising with other departments to integrate mobile technology training into existing training programs;
- Completing quality control of the training tools and digital user experience, and evaluating feedback for continuous improvement;
- Building and maintaining relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders to consult, influence and negotiate any training-related technology issues;
- Building a sustainable process for maintaining the training and materials over time and knowledge transfer to future content owners and/or facilitators.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience translating Training Needs Analyses into training design requirements;
- Previous experience developing digital, mobile and/or online learning for a technology or system implementation;
- Involvement in tailoring training content for different user/learner groups;
- Strong knowledge of digital user experience principles;
- Well developed communication, interpersonal and consultation skills with a demonstrated capacity to work effectively and collaboratively in a team based environment;
- A level of comfort when dealing with new concepts and complexity;
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles and outcomes.
Requirements and relevant information:
- A relevant tertiary degree or vocational qualification in the field of training and development is highly desirable.
The successful candidate may be required to undergo and successfully obtain and maintain a National Security Clearance to the level determined by the Department Head. To obtain this clearance applicants must be an Australian Citizen.
The incumbent will be required to complete the OHS requirements of the organisation, which may include local level training relating to equipment usage and Hazardous Chemicals.
*Your usual place of work will be within the BlueConnect Program, Information, Systems and Security Command, however you may be required to work at any other division within the , Information, Systems and Security Command as required.
How to Apply:
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description that is attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
When opening the Application Form that is attached to the advertisement, please ‘Save’ a copy to complete. Please note that applicants are NOT required to respond to each key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Mark Rollo on (03) 9628 8406 or via email email@example.com.
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email on VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au.
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 5th March, 2017