Senior Training Developer (eLearning Developer)
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Education and Training|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$90,890 - $109,969|
|Job Duration:||12 months|
|Attachments:||C3224.docx (Word, 431KB)|
VPS Application Form 20033378.docx (Word, 630KB)
|Contact:||Jennifer Wicking |
9566 3838 or Jennifer.Wicking@police.vic.gov.au
- VPSG-5 range $90,890 - $109,969 p.a. + super + leave loading
- Two (2) full time, fixed term (12 month) positions
- Working within the Blue Connect Program at the Victoria Police Academy, View Mount Road, Glen Waverley*
About the role:
As the eLearning/Front End Developer you will contribute to the design and development of online learning material including eLearning packages, blended learning programs, interactives and assessment activities.
Some of your duties will include:
- Engagement with internal and external stakeholders on the design, technical and development standards required to deliver e-learning programs;
- Development of mock ups, and proof of concept package designs;
- Development of master pages and templates to ensure uniformity throughout products;
- Development and integration of multimedia content and resources, such as images, animations, sound, text and video components into eLearning packages/platforms;
- Operation of specialist eLearning development software including Moodle, HTML 5 and Articulate Storyline;
- Maintenance of graphical standards and branding throughout package interface development;
- Creation of re-usable code that can be used again for future assets.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Proficient skills in Articulate Software Suite and/or Articulate 360 (essential);
- Experience in web performance, responsive web design;
- Knowledge of the W3C web and accessibility (WCAG) standards;
- An understanding of eLearning and Learning Management Systems;
- Basic understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Basic understanding of PHP;
- A creative approach and an ability to think outside of the box;
- Skills in Graphic Design and an eye for detail;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively with team members and stakeholders.
Requirements and relevant information:
Professional experience in an eLearning delivery environment.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is highly desirable.
The successful candidate may be required to undergo and successfully obtain and maintain a National Security Clearance to the level determined by the Department Head. To obtain this clearance applicants must be an Australian Citizen.
The incumbent will be required to complete the OHS requirements of the organisation, which may include local level training relating to equipment usage and Hazardous Chemicals.
*Your usual place of work will be within the Blue Connect Program, Information, Systems and Security Command; however you may be required to work at any other division within the Information, Systems and Security Command as required.
How to Apply:
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description that is attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
When opening the Application Form that is attached to the advertisement, please ‘Save’ a copy to complete. Please note that applicants are NOT required to respond to each key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Jennifer Wicking on (03) 9566 3838 or via email Jennifer.Wicking@police.vic.gov.au.
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email on VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au.
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 5th March 2017
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au