Horticultural Technician x 2 + Horticultural Technician (Nursery)
|Department:||Royal Botanic Gardens|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Agriculture / Primary Industry|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - Southern Metro|
|Salary Range:||$55,490 - $61,303|
|Attachments:||421572-Horticultural Technician.pdf (PDF, 227KB)|
421581-Horticultural Technician (Nursery).pdf (PDF, 227KB)
Horticultural Technician x 2
- Work at the Australian Gardens site at Cranbourne Gardens
- Seeking two experienced and passionate horticulturists
The primary objective of these roles is to actively participate in the horticultural and curatorial maintenance and management of the Australian Garden and other horticultural landscapes. These roles contribute to the effective presentation of a diverse range of Australian plants to visitors to the Cranbourne Gardens.
The successful applicants will have the following skills;
- Demonstrated experience in horticultural operations and sound knowledge of plant curatorial principles and practices.
- Excellent plant identification skills
- Proven horticultural techniques to include the ability to optimise plant performance
- Previous experience in plant record keeping
If you’re keen to work with a close-knit team of passionate horticulturists and increase your knowledge of horticulture then we would love to hear from you.
Horticultural Technician (Nursery)
The main purpose of this role is to propagate and produce a diverse range of Australian native plants to deliver high quality plant material for use in the Australian Garden, other horticultural landscapes and revegetation works on site at RBGV Cranbourne.
The successful applicant will have the following skills;
- Demonstrated experience in nursery operations and sound knowledge of plant propagation principles and practices.
- Sound knowledge of a diverse range of Australian plants and their propagation and cultivation requirements.
- Well-developed knowledge of pest and disease control for nurseries, including Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and application of agricultural chemicals and biological controls.
Enquiries for all the above roles can be directed to John Arnott at email@example.com.
For more information and to apply for these roles, please visit the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria’s website at http://www.rbg.vic.gov.au/about-us/job-opportunities or http://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au by COB Monday 1 May 2017
Applications should address the key selection criteria as stated in the relevant position description found under the ‘Attachments” heading on the Victorian Government website.