|Department:||Public Transport Victoria|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Attachments:||Position Description - Corporate Services - Risk & Audit - Auditor - PTV4.pdf (PDF, 595KB)|
03 9027 4850
What we’re looking for
As part of our Audit branch you will play a key role in undertaking audits of cash, ticket handling and revenue collection practices within public transport operators businesses. Reporting to the Manager Audit & Fraud Risk, you’ll also be responsible for administering the audit tracking/ reporting process and effectively liaising with relevant stakeholders to follow-up on internal/external audit actions..
- Excellent opportunity to undertake audits of cash, ticket handling & revenue collection practices within public transport operators’ businesses
- Docklands location, close to Southern Cross Station
- Fixed term contract (until November 2017), salary from $78,773 P.A plus super
What you’ll do
- Successfully undertake audits in line with the Revenue Audit Plan; including metropolitan train stations, bus operators and V/Line
- Review and analyse farebox sales channels including card vending machines, online sales and retail outlets
- Prepare audit reports to communicate findings and provide recommendations to a range of stakeholders across PTV
- Administer the audit tracking/ reporting process and effectively liaise with relevant stakeholders to follow-up on internal/external audit actions.
- Support the audit team to fulfil audit targets
- Provide assistance with fraud control activities as required
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge in accounting and/ or auditing
- Excellent analysis and auditing skills with an aptitude for problem-solving in a methodical and systematic manner
- Strong capability in writing and maintaining clear and compact reports to support findings and conclusions
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to get across complex technical issues to people from a financial and non-financial background
- Demonstrated ability in working flexibly to manage changing and competing priorities effectively
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Sound good? To view the Position Description and to apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Your application must include a covering letter and separate resume attached (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, you can contact Amit Patkar, Senior Auditor on +61 3 9027 4850.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 30th April 2017.
Please note: Applicants are not required to address a Key Selection Criteria
Previous applicants need not apply
To learn more about what it is like to work at PTV, please visit our company website www.ptv.vic.gov.au.
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.