Asset Performance Manager - On Road
|Department:||Public Transport Victoria|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Asset Management and Planning|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Attachments:||Position Description - Franchise Operator Management - Asset Performance - Asset Performance Manager - On Road - PTV6 .pdf (PDF, 535KB)|
PTV sits with VicRoads, VicTrack and V/Line in the DEDJTR transport portfolio. We work together with our partners to deliver a simpler, more coordinated transport system for Victoria.
At PTV, our vision is to deliver a safe and inclusive public transport network that all Victorians choose to use. We focus foremost on our passengers, ensuring Victorians and visitors benefit from our State's largest ever investment in public transport. Our team develops and nurtures a strong, vibrant culture encouraging innovation to deliver results. We build on the hard work, passion and creativity of our people to promote excellence in our industry, and greater mobility for all Victorians.
Shape our future. Challenge yours.
Reporting to the General Manager Asset Performance, you will lead PTV’s oversight of the fleet and infrastructure performance on the suburban and regional tram and bus network in Victoria. You will also be responsible for leading the continuous improvement agenda and contributing to effective maintenance and renewal governance for asset performance advice with a particular focus on availability and reliability of the complex infrastructure and fleet assets across the custodial operators.
What you’ll do
- Drive continuous improvement approach with custodial operators in performance of fleet and infrastructure assets.
- Lead PTV`s representation on technical and asset management issues within the allocated public transport portfolio.
- Develop and manage a suite of asset performance metrics for operators and organisation to target.
- Develop and influence governance in all technical and maintenance renewal forums.
- Ensure constructive working relationships and developed and maintained across all divisions of PTV, Government agencies and stakeholders.
Your qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualified in engineering, asset management or other related technical field.
- Specialist experience within the Asset Management Filed in a rail or public transport setting with good understanding of Public Transport Network Systems issues.
- Demonstrated experience managing technically complex and large scale engineering maintenance works or projects.
- Well-developed understanding and knowledge of continuous improvement processes.
- Cutting-edge verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely express information and ability to provide and present high level reports, technical and professional documents.
- Analytical in thought with demonstrated conceptual and problem-solving skills
- We’d love you to have a relevant post graduate qualification in project management, asset management change management or a related field.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Sound good? To view the Position Description and to apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Your application must include a covering letter and separate resume attached (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, you can contact Aidan Wright, General Manager Asset Performance on 0407 843757
Applications close: 11:59pm, Wednesday 26th April 2017.
To learn more about what it is like to work at PTV, please visit our company website www.ptv.vic.gov.au.
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.