Emergency Planning Coordinator
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Emergency Management|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Attachments:||EMU Emergency Planning Coordinator (040173) - February 2017.pdf (PDF, 275KB)|
How to apply for a position with AV.pdf (PDF, 169KB)
|Contact:||Alyce Ratsasane |
03 9840 3795
Ambulance Victoria (AV) is seeking an Emergency Planning Coordinator to join our Emergency Management Department based in Melbourne CBD for a permanent full time appointment.
The primary focus of this role is to coordinate the development and implementation of contemporary emergency management plans in line with organisational objectives and legislative requirements. The position is also responsible for monitoring and evaluating emergency management plans to ensure that the Emergency Operations Centre (AEOC) is operational ready at all times.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Emergency Management the main duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate AV emergency management planning process and the implementation of projects in accordance with project specifications and outcomes
- Where directed, undertake the role of Health Commander at major incidents under the AV Emergency Response Plan
- Where required by the State undertake the role of Level 3 Incident Controller for State, Regional or Local Incident Management Team
- Coordinate the development of Ambulance Victoria’s emergency management and major incident response plans and procedures to ensure they meet the legislative and community requirements
- Regularly review, update and monitor emergency management plans in accordance with the Emergency Response Plan to ensure that AEOC’s are maintained in operational readiness at all times, including redundancy sites
- Manage the continuous improvement of the event and incident notification and management processes, recommending and implementing solutions as required
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of AEOC infrastructure including: information technology, software and communications initiatives and equipment
- Implement approved plans and strategies within budget parameters and time frames, develop strategies to reduce costs against the approved budget
- Provide an operational emergency management interface with external organisations to ensure AV is appropriately represented and is able to effectively deliver its legislative and community obligations
To be successful in this position you will possess solid knowledge of and experience in ambulance, emergency service, health or allied service delivery operations that may be supported by a relevant tertiary qualification. Understanding and knowledge of contemporary emergency management plans and their application. Demonstrated experience in coordinating the development and implementation of emergency management plans. Working knowledge of relevant emergency response arrangements and legislation. Sound experience in developing policies and procedures relating to emergency management. You will also possess strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills.
Please note: This role will require a Victorian Driver Licence as travel throughout Victoria may be required. A satisfactory Police Records Check is also required for this position.
There is a community availability allowance (level 1) as this roles requires you to be available outside of ordinary working hours to provide advice, support or authoritative direction to other employees or managers involved in dealing with emergency or time critical incidents or issues.
What’s in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria’. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that your application for the Emergency Planning Coordinator position is forwarded by 5pm Wednesday 26 April 2017 by clicking on ‘Apply Online’ button.
Ambulance Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By applying for this position within Ambulance Victoria (AV), you agree to undertake an assessment of any Secondary Employment or outside interests. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful and commence in the new role.