Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
|Department:||Bairnsdale Regional Health Service|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - part time|
|Job Function:||Medical and Nursing|
|Classification:||As per award|
|Work Location:||Gippsland - East Gippsland|
|Salary Range:||As per award|
|Attachments:||Position Description - Registered Nurse - Emergency - 1264818 - March 2017.pdf (PDF, 256KB)|
|Contact:||Trish Young, Nurse Unit Manager |
03 5150 3430
Ongoing, Part Time 56.0 hours per fortnight (negotiable)
Applications are invited from Nurses with strong acute experience to join our high functioning, friendly and supportive Emergency nursing team.
In this role you will enjoy being part of a collaborative team environment with a focus on providing high quality, effective care. You will be encouraged and supported to further your professional development and will benefit from further career opportunities if this is where your interests and capabilities lie. Given our regional location, this role will expose you to a broad range of ED presentations, providing challenge and diversity to your daily work. A commitment to the on-call roster is essential for this role. Applications for lesser eft will be considered.
The Emergency Department of Bairnsdale Regional Health Service provides trauma and emergency healthcare to the people of Bairnsdale and the wider East Gippsland region. The department includes a 5 bed Short Stay Unit and an Emergency Nurse Practitioner operating out of a fast track treatment area. Medical staffing is comprised of ED SMO’s with strong support from HMO’s, interns on rotation and the VMO community.
For this role, you will need:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Satisfactory completion of a Nurse Graduate Program (or ability to demonstrate equivalent).
- A minimum 3 years acute nursing experience
- A minimum of 2 years recent Emergency or critical care nursing experience
- A good level of physical assessment capabilities (Primary and Secondary survey assessments)
- Competency and experience in triage required
- Advanced Life support qualifications essential
- A sound understanding of discharge planning and early referral to support services
- Proven ability to respond appropriately and prioritise accordingly in pressure situations
- Demonstrated well developed communication and negotiation skills including exemplary documentation skills
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- An attractive remuneration package negotiated dependant on qualifications and experience.
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options including novated leasing
- Ongoing paid professional development leave
- Employee assistance program
- Health and Wellbeing program
- Gym membership at corporate rates
- Easy car parking
- Staff dining room
For more information, please contact:
Trish Young, Nurse Unit Manager on 03 5150 3430
Applications by close of business:
Wednesday 29th March 2017
Further position details are available in the position description.
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume (including two professional referees) and response to the key selection criteria and be submitted by selecting the "Apply Now" button below.
A satisfactory National Police Check (no older than 12 months) must be provided prior to commencement at BRHS.
For more information on Bairnsdale Regional Health Service please visit www.brhs.com.au
For information on East Gippsland visitwww.discovereastgippsland.com.au.