Associate Nurse Unit Manager - Emergency
|Department:||Bairnsdale Regional Health Service|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - part time|
|Job Function:||Medical and Nursing|
|Classification:||As per award|
|Work Location:||Gippsland - East Gippsland|
|Salary Range:||As per award|
|Attachments:||Position Description - Associate Nurse Unit Manager - Emergency - 1264821 - March 2017.pdf (PDF, 250KB)|
|Contact:||Trish Young, Nurse Unit Manager |
Wednesday 29th March 2017
Ongoing Part Time 40.0 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Emergency nurse to join our progressive and committed ED team in a nursing leadership role. In this position, you will support the Nurse Unit Manager by providing guidance and direction to the ED team and effective Emergency care co-ordination to ensure excellence in customer service delivery. If you are looking for a rewarding, challenging and well supported nursing leadership role in a dynamic and friendly environment, then we would like to hear from you.
Our Emergency Department provides trauma and emergency healthcare to the local Bairnsdale community and the wider East Gippsland region. The department includes a 5 bed Short Stay Unit and a fast track treatment area supported by an Emergency Nurse Practitioner. Medical staffing is comprised of ED SMO’s with support from HMO’s, interns on rotation and the VMO community.
Our environment is supportive, knowledge-rich and innovative, providing the ideal place to take the next step to enhance your career. Post graduate qualifications in Critical Care or Emergency Nursing are essential along with significant experience in the Emergency stream.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive clinical experience and competence in emergency and/or critical care nursing
- Experience in Emergency team leadership and co-ordination of emergency care providing advanced clinical support to colleagues
- Triage accreditation & experience
- Advanced Life Support certification
- Advanced health assessment capabilities (Primary and Secondary survey assessments)
- An excellent understanding of discharge planning and early referral to support services
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to facilitate effective functioning of the multidisciplinary Emergency team
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- An attractive remuneration package negotiated dependant on qualifications and experience.
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options including novated leasing
- Ongoing paid professional development leave
- Employee assistance program
- Health and Wellbeing program
- Gym membership at corporate rates
- Easy car parking
- Staff dining room
For more information on the position, please contact:
Trish Young, Nurse Unit Manager on 03 5150 3430
Applications by close of business:
Wednesday 29th March 2017
Further position details are available in the position description.
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume (including two professional referees) and response to the key selection criteria and be submitted by selecting the "Apply Now" button below.
A satisfactory National Police Check (no older than 12 months) must be provided prior to commencement at BRHS.
For more information on Bairnsdale Regional Health Service please visit www.brhs.com.au
For information on East Gippsland visitwww.discovereastgippsland.com.au.