Occupational Therapists - Grade One
|Department:||Bairnsdale Regional Health Service|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Health and Allied Health|
|Classification:||As per award|
|Work Location:||Gippsland - East Gippsland|
|Salary Range:||As per award|
|Attachments:||Position Description - Occupational Therapist Grade 1 - 1265896 - March 2017.pdf (PDF, 247KB)|
|Contact:||Jane O’Shanassy, Team Leader Occupational Therapy |
03 5150 3388
Full Time Ongoing Positions
A great opportunity exists for 2 Grade One Occupational Therapists to join our friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team. We are a team driven to embed innovative models of care that aim to provide holistic care with a strong focus on client engagement.
These roles consist of 6 monthly rotations across a number of areas which may include Outpatients, Inpatient rehabilitation and GEM or Inpatient acute wards. Potential also exists to expand your skills in specialist clinical areas such as Lymphoedema or Hand Therapy.
With a strong departmental focus on professional development, both positions offer a fantastic opportunity to consolidate and extend your Occupational Therapy skills within a supported and professional environment.
The successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Eligibility for registration as an Occupational Therapist in Victoria
- Sound knowledge in one or more of the areas of community occupational therapy, inpatient sub-acute, acute occupational therapy services, hand therapy and/or lymphoedema.
- Well-developed, clear and concise communication skills which promote client and service interests.
- A positive manner with the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- A flexible approach to service delivery with a willingness to undertake a range of clinical and non-clinical duties and support the implementation of new initiatives.
- Ability to actively participate in service changes and future initiatives required for Allied health to be contemporary and efficient.
- Ability to research and apply evidence based practice.
- An understanding of contemporary service delivery models of care that focus on person centred care.
The successful applicants will benefit from:
- An attractive remuneration package negotiated dependant on qualifications and experience.
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options including novated leasing
- Ongoing paid professional development leave
- Employee assistance program
- Health and Wellbeing program
- Gym membership at corporate rates
- Easy car parking
- Staff dining room
- Monthly ADO’s
For more information on the position, please contact:
Jane O’Shanassy, Team Leader Occupational Therapy and Allied Health Support on 03 5150 3388
Applications by close of business:
Monday 3rd April 2017
Further position details are available in the position description.
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume (including two professional referees) and response to the key selection criteria and be submitted by selecting the "Apply Now" button below.
A satisfactory National Police Check (no older than 12 months) must be provided prior to commencement at BRHS.
For more information on Bairnsdale Regional Health Service please visit www.brhs.com.au
For information on East Gippsland visitwww.discovereastgippsland.com.au.
A rewarding work environment, large enough to provide challenge and variety, small enough to make a real difference