|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Classification:||As per award|
|Work Location:||Western - Ballarat|
|Salary Range:||As per award|
|Attachments:||20015032 Position Profile WD3 TC Inspector.doc (Word, 161KB)|
INSP KSC.docx (Word, 36KB)
INSP PD.docx (Word, 411KB)
INSP referee.docx (Word, 32KB)
(03) 9247 3428 or Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Police is currently advertising two Inspector vacancies within Western Region;
• 20015032 – Western Division 3 Tasking & Coordination
• 20015699 – Western Division 5 Investigation & Response
Duties include: • Leading and developing their own team
• Enhancing the capability of direct reports
• Developing their own skills
• Contributing effectively as a member of the Divisional/Unit Management team
• Managing the work area demonstrating leadership that supports the Chief Commissioner Police and promotes Victoria Police’s strategy and values
• Ensuring the provision of strategic and operational advice on optimising services of the work area • Ensuring the optimised delivery of accurate, timely value for money services across the range of services provided by the District/Unit
• Providing advice to senior management and peers as required
• Developing and maintaining an annual business plan for the work area against the targets and budget set by Victoria Police, the Department Head and the Divisional Superintendent/Unit Manager.
All Inspectors within Victoria Police are placed at the discretion of the Chief Commissioner. Due to an internal rotation process successful applicants may be rotated to positions anywhere within the State of Victoria at any time. These rotations are based upon business needs of their substantive positions as well as other positions within the organisation, employee development and personal considerations.
Applicants looking to apply must have a strong policing background and proven ability to effectively lead and manage teams. Applicants must include a current Resume, completed Key Selection Criteria (KSC) submission and completed Referee Report to be eligible to be considered. Please see the full job description, KSC submission and a Referee Report attached. Former Victoria Police officers must register with the Police Registration and Services (PRS) Board. For further information in relation to the registration process, please contact the PRS Board on 9600 4288, email at email@example.com or visit www.prsb.vic.gov.au. Furthermore, it is important to note that all applicants must satisfy the criteria for appointment as a police officer as per the Victoria Police Regulations 2014. If you think you have the skills and attributes for this exciting challenge please click the apply button.
Closing date for applications is 04:00pm Thursday 30 March 2017. For further information regarding the position please contact Jennifer Vass, Recruitment Consultant on (03) 9247 3428 or via email: Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.