We are seeking an experienced Senior Lawyer who will have the conduct of complex prosecution and disciplinary matters on behalf of the VBA. This position will be involved in actively monitoring and evaluating the prosecution and disciplinary function, coaching to build team and business capability and delivering outcomes in line with corporate objectives.
The Senior Lawyer partners closely across VBA divisions and units to manage and resolve a variety of matters, delivers sound legal advice and general services across a diverse range of legal issues, provides subject matter expertise to support portfolio and divisional initiatives and actively contributes to minimising corporate governance risks faced by the VBA.
To be successful in this position, you will need to demonstrate:
- Sound understanding of administrative law and statutory interpretation principles, with proven ability to apply those principles in the context of complex decision making in a regulatory framework.
- Proven experience advising on, and conducting complex prosecutions and disciplinary inquiries.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with experience in providing strong advisory services to support implementation, monitoring and evaluation of legislative reform.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, clearly convey and reason through complex concepts and negotiate with tact and diplomacy to achieve organisational outcomes.
Benefits of working for the VBA include:
• Flexible working arrangements
• Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
• Amazing workplace in our award winning, heritage listed, 5-Star Green Star Docklands office
• Employee learning and development opportunities
To find out more about why it's great to work for the VBA, visit 'Careers' at www.vba.vic.gov.au
Salary package (Grade 5) in the range of $90,890 - $109,969 per annum plus 9.5% super will be negotiated with the successful candidate, depending on skills and experience.
For full job details and to apply, click 'Apply Now' below.
The VBA job application process requires you to:
• Upload and attach your current resume
• Answer the questions regarding the selection criteria and mandatory questions in the questionnaire provided after you click ‘Next’
• To review the application process and questions, click on “Preview application form” when you can see the job details.
• Candidates are not required to address all selection criteria, only those listed in the questionnaire.
• Only electronic applications submitted via careers.vic.gov.au will be accepted
• Standard recruitment practice applies, which may include interviewing, skills/competency testing, reference checking and/or other selection processes.
Applications due by 5pm on Monday 27 March 2017.
No agencies please.