|Department:||Department of Education and Training|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$63,629 - $77,259|
|Job Duration:||Until December 2019|
|Attachments:||PD 4583 FBIU Finance Officer-Fixed Term.docx (Word, 171KB)|
03 9637 3214
The Finance Officer plays a key role within the Finance and Business Improvement Unit, which has responsibility for the financial management of the International Student Program, including the collection and disbursement of overseas student fees, accounts receivable management, student refunds, and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of work practices and procedures.
To succeed in the advertised role, you will be strongly motivated to contribute to a team that supports the financial administration of the International Student Program in accordance with the Department's legislative responsibilities.
The Finance Officer works within a team and must be flexible and adaptive to meet the needs of a busy and dynamic work environment.
The position will suit a motivated person with initiative who:
• has the capacity to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• has high quality customer service skills
• can interpret and operate within financial policies and procedures
• is able to perform in a busy operating environment while ensuring attention to detail and accuracy
• has an accounting background with experience in maintaining accurate records and databases and who can provide accurate financial information and sound advice to all levels of management
• is comfortable working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
To be successful in this position, candidates will possess strong interpersonal and self-management skills and have experience in a financial administration or accounting role.
A relevant tertiary qualification in an accounting related discipline would be an advantage. Fluency in English plus at least one other language is desirable.
This is a fixed term position until 19 December 2019.
For more details regarding this position please see attached position description.
Department of Education and Training is committed to diversity. The Department places considerable effort and resources into responding to the needs of staff with a disability. People from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply for this position. Information about the Department of Education and Training’s operations and employment conditions can be obtained from the following websites:www.education.vic.gov.au and http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/Pages/default.aspx.
Applications close Friday 5 May 2017