Health & Wellbeing Support Officer
|Department:||Department of Education and Training|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Education and Training|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - Eastern Metro|
|Salary Range:||$78,773 - $89,375|
|Job Duration:||12 months|
|Attachments:||5234 - Health and Wellbeing Support Officer 26-05-16.doc (Word, 107KB)|
(03) 8392 9300
Health & Wellbeing Support Officer, VPSG4, Fixed term 12 months, Full time
The role of the Health and Wellbeing Support Officer involves working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in providing support to schools, Senior Education and Improvement Leaders and Area based teams and stakeholders to improve the educational outcomes for vulnerable children and young people.
Under the supervision of the Senior Wellbeing and Engagement Officer, the primary responsibilities are:
- To support Senior Wellbeing and Engagement Officers to address the needs of all, particularly vulnerable and disengaged, children and young people
- Maintenance of relevant data bases, such as Attendance, Expulsions, PSD
- Run reports and undertake analysis form the above data bases in order to understand themes and priorities
- Coordinate Expulsion Appeal panels
- Facilitate collaborative relationships across services within the Health Wellbeing and Specialist Services Unit
- Support the provision of professional learning as required
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policy pertaining to Wellbeing and Engagement as well as Disability, in order to provide a front-line response to schools, parents and service providers.
Knowledge or an interest in supporting vulnerable children and young people in areas such as Trauma Informed approaches, Positive Behaviour support, student wellbeing and engagement would be an advantage.
For more details regarding this position please see attached position description.
Department of Education and Training is committed to diversity. The Department places considerable effort and resources into responding to the needs of staff with a disability. People from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply for this position. Information about the Department of Education and Training’s operations and employment conditions can be obtained from the following websites:www.education.vic.gov.au and http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/Pages/default.aspx.
Applications close March 30, 2017.