Manager, Research and Evaluation
We provide professional, value for money services that are driven by our values: working together, making it happen, respecting other people, serving the community and acting with integrity.
Through our commitment to diversity and equality, we are actively engaged in promoting and maintaining a safe and inclusive work environment where all employees are respected, valued and supported.
Our employees are key to our success, and bring new and creative responses to issues and challenges we face in our work and the delivery of quality services to the Victorian community. We proactively seek to employ people of any gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, with a disability, and varied cultural backgrounds. In addition, we have a firm commitment to increase participation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people across our workforce.
Working flexibly is considered business as usual at the Department of Justice and Regulation. All requests for flexible working arrangements will be considered in line with operational requirements.
If you require a copy of this advertisement or any attached documentation in an accessible format, such as large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If a career that can give you the opportunity to contribute to a safe and just Victoria appeals to you, we look forward to receiving your application.
|Department:||Department of Justice and Regulation|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$111,484 - $149,188|
|Job Duration:||12 months|
|Attachments:||Position Description [DJ9075] - Manager, Research & Evaluation (12 month maternity leave position).doc (Word, 858KB)|
Fact Sheet - Applying for a position at DJR.pdf (PDF, 160KB)
|Contact:||Fiona Dowsley - Chief Statistician|
(03) 8684 1810
The Crime Statistics Agency (CSA) is a business unit within the Department of Justice and Regulation which commenced public operations from 1 January 2015. The CSA receives crime data from Victoria Police and independently publishes crime statistics to assist law enforcement policy and improve public access to data. The CSA also conducts research, evaluation and analysis activities to inform the public about crime and justice issues and trends and to support justice policy and planning.
About the role
As the Manager, Research and Evaluation, you will identify research priorities and undertake added value analysis and research to inform key stakeholders and the community about key issues in crime and justice. The Manager will lead a small team of researchers and evaluation officers and oversee a dynamic and varied work program.
You will be expected to lead, manage and support completion of the following tasks:
- ongoing consultation and stakeholder engagement to determine information needs to support policy
- conduct high quality quantitative research activities for publication and release through a range of potential channels such as the CSA website and peer reviewed publications
- design and application of rigorous methodological and statistical approaches to research and evaluation work undertaken by CSA
- nurturing of strong relationships between key research and policy agencies and entities and the CSA
- promotion and presentation of research conducted by the CSA at conferences, workshops and other fora
- provide advice to others on the conduct of research and evaluation using recorded crime statistics and broader justice data.
This is a 12 month fixed parental leave position. This position may require the successful applicant to obtain a baseline security clearance.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- experience in research and statistical analysis
- experience in the design and management of research and evaluation projects incorporating statistical techniques
- experience in the interpretation, presentation and communication of quantitative and qualitative data.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Please note: When submitting your application online, there will be questions pertaining to a number of the position's Key Selection Criteria to which you are required to respond.