At DTF, you’ll be part of a highly respected and professional organisation that allows you to apply your knowledge while offering flexible working options and opportunities for professional growth. You’ll be working in the heart of State Government in a dynamic and collaborative environment with opportunities to undertake stimulating work.
|Department:||Department of Treasury & Finance|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Asset Management and Planning|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$202,489 - $324,100|
|Job Duration:||3 years|
|Attachments:||OPV Position Description Victorian Chief Engineer EO2.docx (Word, 53KB)|
+61 3 8620 8037
The Office of Projects Victoria is an independent Administrative Office in the Department of Treasury and Finance.
The Office works closely with an expert Advisory Board to improve government infrastructure project development and implementation and is responsible for:
- monitoring the delivery of the infrastructure investment program and advising Government on interventions where projects are in distress.
- building capability and skills in project development and delivery across government;
- engaging with and supporting departments and agencies throughout the project lifecycle
DTF is looking to fill a fixed term, EO 2 role as a Chief Engineer.
The Office of Projects Victoria is responsible for building capability and skills in project development and delivery across government. They will be providing advice on asset investment decisions and project delivery arrangements
In this role, you will
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and across the Office of Projects Victoria to provide project assurance and oversight, focussing on technical design and engineering, scope and cost assurance of high value high risk projects in the general government sector;
- Advise on technical, design and engineering aspects of projects, including commissioning independent external expert input into high value high risk assessments;
- Provide technical input to procurement and tender documentation and processes
- .Lead technical due diligence on asset investment proposals and business cases for projects by assessing constructability and providing strategic technical input to high value high risk assessments on design, project scope and technical and engineering standards.
- Advise on improvements to the delivery of projects that are behind schedule, tracking over budget, or not delivering required outcomes during the procurement or delivery stages.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in:
- Extensive public or private sector experience in planning, design and management of complex infrastructure projects.
- Strong understanding of engineering and design issues through all phases of the infrastructure project lifecycle.
- Experience in the preparation of external consultant briefs and the management of consultants to achieve timely and quality outputs.
Experience and qualifications:
- Substantial public or private sector track record and strong standing in leading large complex projects and/or organisations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, science or other relevant discipline.
For more information please contact Matthew Belleghem at SHK on +61 3 8620 8037 or to apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JO-1701-23879. Direct and third party applications will be forwarded to SHK.
Applications close on 05 March 2017.
The Department of Treasury and Finance is an EEO employer committed to fairness, diversity and respect. As such, the Department will respond to requests for Reasonable Adjustments from applicants with disabilities.
We welcome applications from people from all cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.