Hospital Medical Officer
Echuca Regional Health is located just 200 kilometres north from Melbourne, in the beautiful riverside location of Echuca-Moama. After a $65 million redevelopment completed in August 2015, Echuca Regional Health comprises 113 beds providing a comprehensive range of services including emergency, medical, surgical, maternity, paediatric, urology, orthopaedic, ophthalmology, dental, chemotherapy and haemodialysis services. Echuca Regional Health encompasses an aged care service, Glanville Village, which accommodates 60 residential beds.
Echuca Regional Health is the largest employer in the Campaspe Shire, employing over 600 staff. The health service has an operating budget of $62 million and returns in excess of $35 million each year to our community in salaries, wages and purchases from local businesses. With a strong focus on increasing our capacity as a sub-Regional teaching health service, Echuca Regional Health employees are dedicated professionals who strive to deliver the best possible care to their community.
Employee and family benefits include:
* Comprehensive learning and development program
* Flexible employment practices
* Salary packaging
* Extended employee assistance program (including support for family members)
* Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
* Employee recognition program
* Free onsite parking.
Echuca Regional Health is an equal employment opportunity employer.
|Department:||Echuca Regional Health|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Job Function:||Medical and Nursing|
|Classification:||As per award|
|Work Location:||North West - Campaspe|
|Salary Range:||As per award|
|Attachments:||Applying for Work at ERH 2016.pdf (PDF, 91KB)|
Emergency Department HMO Position Description Dec 2016.pdf (PDF, 304KB)
|Contact:||Medical Workforce Unit Manager|
(03) 5485 5041
Hospital Medical Officers PGY2+
- Clinical Year 2017, full time, fixed term
- Combine the professional career you want with the lifestyle you deserve at Echuca Regional Health
- New Echuca Hospital incorporating emergency department, high dependency unit, medical, surgical, maternity and rehabilitation wards
Applications are sought for two suitably qualified PGY2+ Hospital Medical Officers for a fixed term position commencing 5 February 2017 until 4 February 2018.
Our team requires:
- General registration or capable of being registered with the Medical Board Australia
- Well-developed clinical skills
- Well-developed communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Patient centred approach
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Medical postgraduate year 2 or above
- Commitment to supervising and supporting more junior medical officers and medical students
This position requires completion of a satisfactory National Police Check and Working with Children’s check prior to appointment.
How to Apply:
Please take the time to read the position description attached to this advertisement. Your application must outline how your skills, knowledge and personal attributes relate to the key selection criteria.
All applicants are to apply online. If you experience technical difficulty please contact: 1300 366 356 for assistance.
Applications must include:
- A covering letter;
- Completed online questionnaire;
- Address Key Selection Criteria;
- Three professional referees.
Enquiries about this position should be emailed to the Medical Workforce Unit Manager email: email@example.com.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Applications close midnight on Sunday 21 May 2017