Enrolled Nurse - Rural Vic Transition to Practice Program
Echuca Regional Health is located just 200 kilometres north from Melbourne, in the beautiful riverside location of Echuca-Moama. Echuca-Moama offers a wide range of sporting and leisure activities for people of all ages. Whether you are into fishing, water skiing, golf, camping or enjoy fine food and wine, the Echuca-Moama region has plenty to offer.
After a $65 million redevelopment completed in August 2015, Echuca Regional Health comprises 113 beds providing a comprehensive range of services including emergency, medical, surgical, maternity, paediatric, urology, orthopaedic, ophthalmology, dental, chemotherapy and haemodialysis services. Echuca Regional Health encompasses an aged care service, Glanville Village, which accommodates 60 residential beds.
Echuca Regional Health is the largest employer in the Campaspe Shire, employing over 600 staff. The health service has an operating budget of $64 million and returns in excess of $35 million each year to our community in salaries, wages and purchases from local businesses. With a strong focus on increasing our capacity as a sub-Regional teaching health service, Echuca Regional Health employees are dedicated professionals who strive to deliver the best possible care to their community.
Employee and family benefits include:
* Comprehensive learning and development program
* Flexible employment practices
* Salary packaging
* Extended employee assistance program (including support for family members)
* Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
* Employee recognition program
* Free onsite parking.
Echuca Regional Health is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Echuca Regional Health says NO to Family Violence.
|Department:||Echuca Regional Health|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - part time|
|Job Function:||Medical and Nursing|
|Classification:||As per award|
|Work Location:||North West - Campaspe|
|Salary Range:||As per award|
|Attachments:||Applying for Work at ERH 2017.pdf (PDF, 91KB)|
Enrolled Nurse - Transition to Practice.pdf (PDF, 168KB)
(03) 5485 5279
Rural Vic Transition to Practice Program
- Echuca Regional Health is seeking eligible applicants for the Enrolled Nurse Transition to Practice Program commencing 14 August 2017. Please ensure you meet eligibility criteria.
- This position requires completion of a satisfactory National Police check prior to appointment
- The position is 0.6 EFT (6 days per fortnight), 0.8 EFT at Cohuna District Hospital
- The position requires registration with AHPRA prior to 14 August 2017.
Enrolled Nurses (ENs) will be responsible for understanding their scope of practice according to their highest qualification. At all times the EN retains responsibility for their actions and remains accountable in providing delegated nursing care.
Applications are sought from suitably qualified Enrolled Nurses with a qualification no less than a Diploma in Nursing with the desire and motivation to work at either:
- Echuca Regional Health (Inpatient Rehabilitation);
- Echuca Regional Health (Aged Care - Glanville Village)
- Echuca Community for the Aged (Wharparilla Lodge);
- Rochester & Elmore District Health Service;
- Echuca Moama Family Medical Practice; or
- Cohuna District Hospital.
This will be a fixed term, six month program with Professional Development training days taking place at Echuca Regional Health.
Applicants are requested to provide an expression of interest in order of preference for each workplace however decisions will be made at the discretion of the health services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Patient centered care
- Recognition of normal and abnormal in assessment skills
- Intervention and evaluation of an individual’s health
- Good communication skills
- Sound knowledge and skill in relation to nursing care, relevant to experience and scope of clinical practice
- ENs are responsible for providing support and comfort, assisting with activities of daily living to achieve the optimal level of independence and providing emotional support to patients/clients/residents.
Our team requires someone who has:
- Qualifications in a Diploma of Nursing (newly or recently registered)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the national standards
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work autonomously, and possess excellent communication skills.
This position requires completion of a satisfactory National Police Check prior to appointment.
How to Apply:
Please take the time to read the position description attached to this advertisement. Your application must outline how your skills, knowledge and personal attributes relate to the key selection criteria.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. If you experience technical difficulty please contact: 1300 366 356 for assistance.
If you require access to a computer to complete your online application please contact our Education Department: 03 54855286.
Applications must include:
- A covering letter;
- Completed online questionnaire;
- Three professional referees; and
- A separate document detailing responses to the key selection criteria within the Position Description.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Jodie Watson on: (03) 5485 5279
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Applications close midnight on Sunday 17 April 2017.