Field Specialist - Landfills
|Department:||Environment Protection Authority|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$78,773 - $89,375|
|Attachments:||EPA600603 Field Specialist - Landfills VPSG4.1 PD.pdf (PDF, 236KB)|
Application Form SRS Field Specialist - Landfills April 2017.docx (Word, 22KB)
03 9695 2561
FIELD SPECIALIST – LANDFILLS, SPECIALIST REGULATORY SERVICES UNIT
- Ongoing, full-time 38 hours per week
- Salary range $78,773 – $89,375 plus 9.5% superannuation
- Exciting and unique opportunity to continue to further develop and use your landfill operational and environmental regulatory knowledge in a small highly respected specialist unit, working closely with EPA’s Principle Expert – Landfills
- Further developing knowledge and skills in providing advice and support on a wide range of landfill technical issues across EPA’s Regional Services Directorate and the broader EPA (with support where necessary)
- Carlton location, opposite the Victoria Market, with some regional travel required
Summary of what you’ll be doing
In this role, you will continue to develop and utilise your landfill knowledge to support regional Environmental Protection Officers (EPOs) in their understanding and regulation of landfills (operating and closed), by providing specialist field and compliance advice and support with all areas of landfill regulation within the Regional Services Directorate’s (RSD) work.
What you bring
- Developing / good knowledge of landfill operations, landfill environmental management and the environmental risks posed by landfills;
- Developing / good knowledge and experience of landfill regulation in Victoria;
- Ability to travel to Regional Offices to provide support and advice, with support where needed (some overnight stays are likely);
- Ability to provide advice to EPOs on the regulation of operating and closed landfills (with support where needed);
- Good communication skills, ablility to understand and explain complex technical landfill information and engage with people with differing levels of knowledge and understanding; and
- Keenness to learn.
If you would like further information on this role, please refer to the attached position description.
Please include the contact details of two referees with your application.
EPA Victoria requires all prospective employees to undergo a National Criminal Record Check prior to an employment offer being made.
If you require a copy of this advertisement or any attached documentation in an accessible format such as large print, please email the Resourcing Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 372 842.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are invited to contact the Resourcing Co-ordinator via email at email@example.com or by calling 1300 372 842 for advice and support with your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially. EPA Victoria is an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to merit, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We utilise merit-based selection. Therefore, you are not required to share personal information such as gender, age, culture etc. unless you so wish.
Please do not email your application.
For further information on Environment Protection Authority Victoria, please visit www.epa.vic.gov.au