Senior Analyst, Energy Distribution
The Essential Services Commission is Victoria’s independent economic regulator of essential services supplied by a range of industries. The Commission’s functions include:
- making regulatory decisions with respect to prescribed industries (including price determinations, licensing, customer protection and access disputes);
- undertaking reviews and providing advice to Ministers on a range of economic and regulatory matters; and
- administering the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target scheme.
Be part of a highly respected and professional organisation that allows you to apply your knowledge while offering flexible working options and opportunities for professional growth. You’ll be working in a dynamic and collaborative environment with opportunities to undertake stimulating work.
The Senior Analyst will support the Manager, Regulatory Reform to deliver inquiries and reviews of the Commission’s energy distribution regulation. They will provide thought leadership and strategic input related to the regulation of energy distribution businesses.
The principal duties of the position are to:
- Manage projects to research and analyse the efficiency and effectiveness of current energy distribution regulation, to inform the development and maintenance of industry standards.
- Manage the preparation and delivery of Commission reports, consultation papers, guidelines and decisions on matters relating to distribution regulation.
- Plan and manage consultation processes related to the Commission’s energy distribution projects.
- Provide expertise to particular distribution compliance issues.
- Provide leadership to, and work effectively as part of, multi-disciplinary teams established to deliver the Energy Division’s overall work program.
- Develop and maintain liaison with industry, government, professional and academic organisations.
For the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the attached Position Description
Your application MUST include:
1) a professional cover letter outlining your skills, knowledge and experience relating to this opportunity;
2) a current resume; and
3) a separate document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria, with each response limited to one paragraph per criteria.
Applications close on Sunday, 02 April 2017. To apply visit www.careers.vic.gov.au and refer to position number D01021
Please note this role will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory criminal records check and qualification check.
You can apply by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
For any additional enquiries regarding this role please contact James Clinch, Manager, Regulatory Reform Energy on (03) 9032 1300.
The Essential Services Commission is an EEO employer committed to fairness, diversity and respect. As such, the Commission will respond to requests for Reasonable Adjustments from applicants with disabilities.
We look forward to receiving your application.