Hydraulic Modelling Lead
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Work Location:||North West - Bendigo|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Attachments:||PD_Hydraulic Modelling Lead_Final.pdf (PDF, 696KB)|
|Contact:||Christine Grundy, Water and Sewer Planning Manager|
(03) 5434 1283
Coliban Region Water Corporation is based in Bendigo and is one of the largest Victorian regional urban water corporations. Our service area covers 16,550 square kilometres including 49 towns and is at the southern gateway to the Murray-Darling basin – Australia’s food bowl. We manage, maintain and operate over 50 reservoirs and water storage basins and provide water and waste services to both urban and rural customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hydraulic Modelling Lead to join our Infrastructure Planning and Design team. This role will report to the Water and Sewer Planning Manager and will be the key point of contact for modelling expertise and be responsible for ensuring that the hydraulic modelling program for both water and sewer reticulation networks is managed effectively.
In addition to leading the hydraulic modelling program and building/calibrating the more complex models, this role will undertake and manage technical assessments to select preferred concepts for infrastructure implementation. It will also provide Land Development advice to developers, consultants and municipal representatives concerning business requirements for proposed developments, as well as undertaking end to end project management.
Success in this role is dependent on your ability to apply strong technical skills and knowledge as well as exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. To be successful you will have:
- An appropriate professional engineering qualification, with eligibility to join Institute of Engineers Australia
- Appropriate experience and knowledge of engineering principles relating to the planning and design of water supply and sewerage systems.
- Experience in creating, managing and utilising hydraulic models.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively consult and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders, as well as provide strong leadership to influence others and work collaboratively.
- Thorough analysis, conceptual and problem solving skills to develop innovative solutions to complex issues.
The terms and conditions for this position will be as per the Coliban Water Enterprise Agreement 2015. An attractive salary package will be offered commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
To discuss this position in more detail please contact Christine Grundy, Water Sewer and Planning Manager on (03) 5434 1283
Apply online by submitting your resume, covering letter and outline your suitability for the position by addressing the Key Selection Criteria (found in the position description). Applications close COB Monday 3 April 2017.
This position is being recruited exclusively by the Coliban Water. We will not be accepting candidates from third party suppliers or agencies.
Applicants may also be required to produce evidence of their Right to Work in Australia.