Echuca Regional Health is located just 200 kilometres north from Melbourne, in the beautiful riverside location of Echuca-Moama. Echuca-Moama offers a wide range of sporting and leisure activities for people of all ages. Whether you are into fishing, water skiing, golf, camping or enjoy fine food and wine, the Echuca-Moama region has plenty to offer. After a $65 million redevelopment completed in August 2015, Echuca Regional Health comprises 113 beds providing a comprehensive range of services including emergency, medical, surgical, maternity, paediatric, urology, orthopaedic, ophthalmology, dental, chemotherapy and haemodialysis services. Echuca Regional Health encompasses an aged care service, Glanville Village, which accommodates 60 residential beds.
Echuca Regional Health is the largest employer in the Campaspe Shire, employing over 600 staff. The health service has an operating budget of $64 million and returns in excess of $35 million each year to our community in salaries, wages and purchases from local businesses. With a strong focus on increasing our capacity as a sub-Regional teaching health service, Echuca Regional Health employees are dedicated professionals who strive to deliver the best possible care to their community.
Employee and family benefits include:
* Comprehensive learning and development program
* Flexible employment practices
* Salary packaging
* Extended employee assistance program (including support for family members)
* Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
* Employee recognition program
* Free onsite parking.
Echuca Regional Health is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Echuca Regional Health says NO to Family Violence.
|Department:||Echuca Regional Health|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - part time|
|Job Function:||Occupational Health and Safety|
|Classification:||As per award|
|Work Location:||North West - Campaspe|
|Salary Range:||As per award|
|Attachments:||Applying for Work at ERH 2017.pdf (PDF, 91KB)|
OHS Coordinator Position Description.pdf (PDF, 170KB)
(03) 5485 5493
OH&S Coordinator – Maternity Leave cover up to 12 months
- This position is 0.8 FTE with the option of 0.6 FTE less the return to work function
At ERH the health and safety of our workers, patients/clients and visitors is paramount and this role is vital in ensuring our safety systems are effective in minimising harm to people and property and that ERH complies with Victorian health and safety legislation.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources, the OH&S Coordinator will ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, procedures and programs for health and safety, emergency planning and return to work functions.
The successful applicant will have:
- Formal qualifications (or three years progressive work experience) in one or more of the following fields: OH&S, Return to Work, Emergency Planning or Human Resources
- Excellent working knowledge of the Victorian OH&S legislation, codes of practice and relevant Australian Standards
- Experience in work site safety inspections, hazard identification and risk management processes
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, manage and deliver OH&S relevant education programs
- Completed the Worksafe endorsed Return to Work Coordinators Course and have experience in injury management and return to work processes
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office products with emphasis in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated OH&S experience in a Health Service environment is preferable
This position requires completion of a satisfactory National Police Check prior to appointment.
If you have a personal commitment to promote and ensure workplace safety apply online to submit your application.
How to Apply:
Please take the time to read the position description attached to this advertisement.
Your application must outline how your skills, knowledge and personal attributes relate to the key selection criteria.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. If you experience technical difficulty please contact: 1300 366 356 for assistance.
If you require access to a computer to complete your online application please contact our Education Department: 03 54855286.
Applications must include:
- A covering letter;
- Completed online questionnaire; and
- Three professional referees.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Vicki Winwood, on: (03) 5485 5493
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Applications close midnight on Monday, 27 March 2017