Field Officer, Line Clearance Assurance
Electrical industry safety regulator
State government organisation
$94,068 - $112,727 + 11% superannuation
|Department:||Energy Safe Victoria|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||Regulatory, Governance and Compliance|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Attachments:||PD - ESTR - Field Officer - Line Clearance Assurance - April 2017.pdf (PDF, 711KB)|
03 9203 9756
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) is the leading Victorian Government Statutory Authority responsible for the safety and technical regulation of electricity, gas and pipelines for all Victorians. Within the Electrical Safety and Technical Regulation (ESTR) division, a rare opportunity has evolved for a self-driven Field Officer, Line Clearance Assurance (LCA) to actively participate in a key element of our mission “to ensure the safe and efficient supply and use of electricity for all Victorians”.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manager, LCA, this predominantly field based position requires a professional and self-motivated performer to participate in the LCA function of ESTR.
Key responsibilities include:
- delivery of the electric line clearance field observation program of Victoria’s electricity transmission and distribution networks
- contributing to the implementation of other safety system audit programs relating to electric line clearance
- review and investigation of electrical events or incidents related to electric line clearance
- monitoring compliance and corrective actions to address electricity safety risk
- report preparation and updating field observation databases
- liaising with internal and external stakeholders on electricity safety matters; including industry, electricity supply businesses, municipal councils, government and the public.
ESV will provide you with the opportunity to apply your expertise in the areas of electric line clearance and vegetation management, and your ability to foster effective stakeholder relationships to add value to the overall success of the organisation.
To be considered for this role you will:
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in electric line clearance and vegetation management, with involvement in an electricity distribution business or local government environment being highly regarded.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- an understanding of current industry trends
- knowledge of the principle of arboriculture as applied in the context of an electrical environment
- sound communication skills including the ability to prepare reports
- knowledge of safety management systems and auditing principles
- demonstrated experience in building strong relationships with external stakeholders.
A copy of the position description is available at http://www.esv.vic.gov.au/about-esv/esv-careers/current-vacancies/
Applications should include a resume and cover letter and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 am 8 May 2017. For further information, please contact Gary Wright on (03) 9203 9756.