|Department:||State Trustees Limited|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - Western Metro|
|Salary Range:||$51,640 - $70,137|
|Job Duration:||6 months|
|Attachments:||Tax Accountant Position Description.docx (Word, 69KB)|
- 6 month contract working with a team of professional tax accountants
- Based at our purpose built head office in Footscray (10 minutes from CBD)
- Work for Victoria's largest Tax Agent
- Applications close 29 March 2017
About the Company
State Trustees is a state government owned company that plays an important role in building awareness and educating the community to protect the legacy and financial affairs of Victorians - we believe every Victorian deserves to live on, that’s why
we exist. We employ close to 400 people, across three office locations, our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and industries providing administration, trustee and estate related services to the Victorian community.
About the Role
As one of Victoria's largest tax agents, State Trustees has a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual to provide high quality accounting and taxation advisory/return preparation services to existing and new clients.
Within this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing client's financial affairs in order to determine statutory obligations
- Preparing & lodging income taxation returns for individuals and trusts and Instalment Activity Notices (IAS)
- Ensure statutory obligations are met
- Manage workflow to achieve set monthly revenue and volume targets as well as meeting internal service standards
- Experience in income tax return preparation
- Accounting Degree or equivalent qualification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Intermediate computer literacy including competent use of Microsoft Office
- Experience with income tax return preparation software such as Solution 6, Xlon and Handisoft will be highly regarded.
State Trustees offers a range of benefits; including health and well-being, flexible working conditions, employee assistance program, retailer discounts and a social club.
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to commence. In your application, please include a cover letter and resume. You are not required to address any Key Selection Criteria, skip this step in the process.
Employment at State Trustees is conditional upon satisfactory Criminal History Check and Anti Money Laundering Check.
State Trustees is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fairness, diversity and respect. As such, we will respond to requests for reasonable adjustments from applicants with disabilities.
State Trustees encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.