Junior Associate to the Honourable Justice Bell
The role advertised is located at the Supreme Court, and as the highest court in Victoria, deals with the state’s most serious criminal and civil cases. The Supreme Court offers a wide range of career options, both legal and non-legal, and provides an attractive employee benefits program for all staff. For more information, please visit the Supreme Court website at www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au.
CSV embraces diversity amongst our staff and we welcome applications from people from all cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, as well as people with a disability.
|Department:||Court Services Victoria|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||$48,489 - $62,267|
|Job Duration:||August 2017 until March 2018|
|Attachments:||SC0716 Position Description.doc (Word, 220KB)|
(03) 9603 6088
Junior Associate to the Honourable Justice Bell - Supreme Court of Victoria
• Full time, fixed term role
• $48,489 per annum + 9.5% superannuation (VPS Grade 2 position)
• Role based in the Melbourne CBD
The Honourable Justice Bell is seeking a legally qualified individual to be his junior associate commencing August 2017, for a period 9 months.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the Trial Division at the Supreme Court of Victoria.
High-level research skills, personal qualities suitable for liaising with the profession and members of the public, as well as a strong academic record are essential. An individual with some post-admission experience would be desirable.
- Preparing research and briefing memoranda and assisting in the production of judgments, papers and presentations, including proofreading and editing
- Performing administrative tasks, including maintaining Chambers, Court records and preparing material for use by the judge in Court
- Clerking in Court
- Liaising with Court staff, the public, the media and the profession
- Empanelling juries and jury keeping
For further details, please review the attached position description.
How to apply
Applications should be addressed to:
The Honourable Justice Bell
Supreme Court of Victoria
210 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
- cover letter;
- resume; and
- copy of academic transcript,
should be submitted online, through the Victorian Government Careers website.
Applicants are not required to separately address the key selection criteria.
The closing date for applications is midnight 2 April 2017.