|Department:||Public Transport Victoria|
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Job Function:||IT and Telecommunications|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - CBD|
|Salary Range:||See Advertisement|
|Attachments:||Position Description - Franchise Operator Management - Operational Performance - Systems Administrator - PTV4.pdf (PDF, 451KB)|
03 9027 5042
PTV sits with VicRoads, VicTrack and V/Line in the DEDJTR transport portfolio. We work together with our partners to deliver a simpler, more coordinated transport system for Victoria.
At PTV, our vision is to deliver a safe and inclusive public transport network that all Victorians choose to use. We focus foremost on our passengers, ensuring Victorians and visitors benefit from our State's largest ever investment in public transport. Our team develops and nurtures a strong, vibrant culture encouraging innovation to deliver results. We build on the hard work, passion and creativity of our people to promote excellence in our industry, and greater mobility for all Victorians.
Shape our future. Challenge yours.
What we’re looking for
Reporting to the Manager, Operational Performance Analysis, you will play a key role in delivering high quality systems, analysis and support required to drive performance improvements in public transport services across Victoria. You will also be responsible for working closely with the Systems Manager in collection, validation, calculation and reporting of operational performance outcomes.
What you’ll do
- Delivery of information systems, ensuring cost efficiency and effective use of the information available to PTV
- Consult with the Bus Tracking System Specialist to gather, validate and test timetables and technical transport information
- Support the development and maintenance of incentive arrangements through the delivery of systems and processes
- Deliver timely, accurate and well-presented internal and external operational performance reports
- Successfully contribute and communicate recommendations around data management and system administration
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking analysis, testing interpreting and drawing inference from complex data
- Well-developed understanding of information systems and the ability to develop specifications that meet business requirements
- Cutting-edge verbal and writing communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely express information and concepts through documents and reports
- Analytical in thought with demonstrated conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work both autonomously and collaboratively as a team
- We’d love you to have a tertiary qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology or related.
- A background in administering or developing server based databases, managing large volumes of data or exposure to cloud technologies would also be great.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Sound good? To view the Position Description and to apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Your application must include a covering letter and separate resume attached (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, you can contact Richard Bennell, Manager Operational Performance Analysis on +61 3 9027 5042.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Wednesday 26th April 2017.
To learn more about what it is like to work at PTV, please visit our company website www.ptv.vic.gov.au.
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.