Senior Project Manager
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Work Location:||Melbourne - Northern Metro|
|Salary Range:||$111,484 - $149,188|
|Job Duration:||3 years|
|Attachments:||C2818.docx (Word, 430KB)|
Role Statement VPS-6 FSD PMO.doc (Word, 137KB)
Forensic Services Department
- 1 x 3 year fixed term - VPS-6 Senior Project Officer role available
- VPS-6 range $111,484 - $149,188 p.a. + 9.5% super + leave loading
- Commencing Salary will be $111,484
- Your usual place of work will be reporting to the Director, Forensic Operations, Forensic Services Department, 31 Forensic Drive Macleod. However you may be required to work at any other division within the Department as required.
The Forensic Services Department’s Project Management Office provides a project management service to The Forensic Services Department through the centralised and strategic coordination and management of the Command’s Government funded projects.
About the role:
The Senior Project Manager role is responsible for the delivery, management and reporting of the FSD’s ERSC and large scale internal projects.
The Senior Project Manager provides technical expertise, oversight and project management of the FSD’s ERSC and Lead Enablement and Recruitment (LEAD) Project through:
- Leading and managing the project and team (including any consultants and/or contractors);
- Leading the development and delivery of all project artefacts including:
- Project Schedule
- Project Initiation and Management Plans
- System Design Plan
- Risks & Issues Register
- Project Evaluation Criteria
- Benefits realisation and management;
- Managing all governance committees and project workgroups;
- Financial and budget monitoring and reporting; and Project progress and governance reporting.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated record of achievement at a senior level in successfully managing the implementation of complex large-scale projects in accordance with organisational frameworks and recognised project management methodologies.
- Extensive senior project management experience in all elements of a project cycle including the development of detailed project plans, governance, reporting, implementation and post implementation reviews.
- Demonstrated record of sound financial management to ensure corporate projects are delivered within agreed budget and strict timelines.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and demonstrated capacity to initiate and manage stakeholder relationships and expectations.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with the proven ability to interpret and present information and the ability to identify and resolve potential risks on legislative, industrial relations and policy issues associated with implementation of major projects.
- Proven ability to monitor client and stakeholder satisfaction, and constructively manage stakeholder issues to ensure positive outcomes for the stakeholder and the Department.
Requirements and relevant information:
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a DNA sample (buccal swab) for use in laboratory quality control procedures (elimination purposes only.)
- Please see position description and role statement for other requirements/relevant information.
How to Apply
- To be considered for this role, applicants MUST address the full key selection criteria in their application which is accessible via the position description (PD) attached.
- If you have a disability and require a copy of this advertisement or any attached documentation in an accessible format, such as large print contact HR.FSD @POLICE.VIC.GOV.AU
- If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Rebecca Kogios on 9450-9775.
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the instructions.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Friday 5th May 2017.
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au