Water and Sewer Planning Coordinator
|Work Type:||Ongoing - full time|
|Classification:||As per advertisement|
|Work Location:||North West - Bendigo|
|Salary Range:||As per advertisement|
|Attachments:||PD_Water and Sewer Planning Coordinator_Final.pdf (PDF, 696KB)|
|Contact:||Christine Grundy, Water and Sewer Planning Manager|
(03) 5434 1283
Coliban Region Water Corporation is based in Bendigo and is one of the largest Victorian regional urban water corporations. Our service area covers 16,550 square kilometres including 49 towns and is at the southern gateway to the Murray-Darling basin – Australia’s food bowl. We manage, maintain and operate over 50 reservoirs and water storage basins and provide water and waste services to both urban and rural customers.
We are currently seeking an experienced Water & Sewer Planning Coordinator to join the Infrastructure Planning and Design team. This role will report to the Water and Sewer Planning Manager and will focus on managing the water and sewer augmentation and integrated water plan programs to identify and scope projects for Pricing Submissions and Land Development responses.
This role will be required to undertake and manage technical assessments to select preferred concepts for infrastructure implementation and to undertake end to end project management. It will also provide Land Development Advice to developers, consultants and municipal representatives concerning business requirements for proposed developments.
Success in this role is dependent on your ability to apply strong technical skills and knowledge as well as exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. To be successful you will have:
- An appropriate professional engineering qualification, with eligibility to join Institute of Engineers Australia
- Appropriate experience and knowledge of engineering principles relating to the planning and design of water supply and sewerage systems.
- Ability to use water and wastewater hydraulic models to develop long term augmentation options and to assess land development applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively consult and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders, as well as the ability to provide strong leadership to influence others and work collaboratively.
- Thorough analysis, conceptual and problem solving skills to develop innovative solutions to complex issues.
The terms and conditions for this position will be as per the Coliban Water Enterprise Agreement 2015. An attractive salary package will be offered commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
To discuss this position in more detail please contact Christine Grundy, Water Sewer and Planning Manager on (03) 5434 1283
To apply, please submit your resume, covering letter and outline your suitability for the position by addressing the Key Selection Criteria (found in the position description). Applications close COB Monday 3 April 2017.
Online Applications Only
This position is being recruited exclusively by the Coliban Water People & Development Team.
We will not be accepting candidates from third party suppliers or agencies.
Applicants may be required to undertake a Police Check and a Working with Children Check where applicable. Applicants may also be required to produce evidence of their Right to Work in Australia.