|Department:||DPC Portfolio Agencies|
|Work Type:||Fixed term - full time|
||Melbourne - CBD
||Four year appointment
||Position description - Chairperson VMC - 20155.docx (Word, 34KB)||PD Preview:
||Preview unavailable for this role
A key leadership opportunity is available to become the Chairperson of the Victorian Multicultural Commission and to lead this important statutory authority.
The Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC) is a statutory authority providing independent advice to the Victorian Government on matters relating to multicultural affairs, citizenship and the promotion of diversity in the Victorian community.
The Chairperson leads the VMC and its members by providing a link between Victoria’s culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse communities and government.
Qualified candidates for the Chairperson position will possess a range of skills, knowledge and other attributes, including:
- Demonstrated understanding of multicultural affairs and Victoria’s multicultural policies and programs.
- A track record managing a high profile organisation in an ethical and professional manner to ensure integrity in the conduct of business.
- Proven ability to engage, negotiate and form strategic alliances with policy and service delivery agencies, peak bodies, government departments, diverse communities and the not-for-profit sector.
- High level of strategic, analytical and problem solving skills to effectively progress community based issues at a whole of government level.
- Extensive experience and passion for working with Victoria’s diverse community in a collaborative and inclusive manner.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively and confidently represent the views of the Commission in the public domain, including as needed at conferences, public forums and on relevant government and non-government committees.
In addition, a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is desirable, but not mandatory.
How to apply:
Applications including a resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the position description are to be submitted online by selecting the ‘Apply Now” button
Applications close 11:59pm (midnight) Sunday, 24 May 2015.
Other relevant information:
A comprehensive position description is attached. For further information regarding the Department of Premier and Cabinet, please visit our website at www.dpc.vic.gov.au
For any addition enquiries regarding the position please phone the contact on the position description. If you experience difficulties in applying online, please contact HR Shared Services on 1800 039 411.
The Department values the contribution of all employees and fair and equitable treatment of all people is integral to all activities. As such the Department offers Reasonable Adjustments for applicants with disabilities on request.
Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check.
The Department of Premier and Cabinet is committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information. The recruitment process and all matters relating to it are treated in the strictest confidence. Personal information received during the recruitment process will be managed in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act, 2014. Departmental recruitment purposes include considering and responding to your job application, providing you with information about prospective or future similar roles within the Department, considering your application for a future similar role within the Department or enabling you to receive relevant job alerts. You may request access to your personal information by contacting the Department.