Commissioner (multiple positions)
|Department:||DPC Portfolio Agencies|
||Melbourne - CBD
||Up to a 4 year appointment
||Position description - Commissioners VMC - 20152.docx (Word, 31KB)||PD Preview:
||Preview unavailable for this role
Commissioner (multiple positions)
An exciting and unique opportunity exists to be a leader in strengthening and promoting Victoria’s multicultural identity as a Commissioner of the Victorian Multicultural Commission.
The Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC) is a statutory authority providing independent advice to the Victorian Government on matters relating to multicultural affairs, citizenship and the promotion of diversity in the Victorian community. Its role includes establishing stronger links between Victoria’s diverse communities and the Government, reporting to the Minister for Multicultural Affairs on systemic and community-wide issues, as well as coordinating eight Regional Advisory Councils.
The VMC consists of a Chairperson, a Deputy Chairperson, a Youth Commissioner, a peak body representative and up to eight commissioners.
Qualified candidates for the Commissioner positions will possess a range of skills, knowledge and other attributes, including:
- Demonstrated understanding of multicultural affairs and Victoria’s multicultural policies and programs
- A commitment to multiculturalism and extensive experience and passion for serving the needs of Victoria’s diverse communities in a collaborative and inclusive manner.
- Proven high level interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to represent the Commission at community activities, conferences, public forums and on relevant government and non-government committees.
- Demonstrated understanding of the range of diverse community needs of multicultural community organisations.
- Ability to effectively progress community based issues through an inclusive whole of government and whole-of-community approach to multicultural affairs.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain partnerships with organisations in the community sector.
In addition, a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is desirable, but not mandatory.
How to apply:
Applications including a resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the position description are to be submitted online by selecting the ‘Apply Now” button
Applications close 11:59pm (midnight) Sunday, 24 May 2015.
Other relevant information:
A comprehensive position description is attached. For further information regarding the Department of Premier and Cabinet, please visit our website at www.dpc.vic.gov.au
For any addition enquiries regarding the position please phone the contact on the position description. If you experience difficulties in applying online, please contact HR Shared Services on 1800 039 411.
The Department values the contribution of all employees and fair and equitable treatment of all people is integral to all activities. As such the Department offers Reasonable Adjustments for applicants with disabilities on request.
Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check.
The Department of Premier and Cabinet is committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information. The recruitment process and all matters relating to it are treated in the strictest confidence. Personal information received during the recruitment process will be managed in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act, 2014. Departmental recruitment purposes include considering and responding to your job application, providing you with information about prospective or future similar roles within the Department, considering your application for a future similar role within the Department or enabling you to receive relevant job alerts. You may request access to your personal information by contacting the Department.