- Based at the Iconic Melbourne Museum
- Part time (0.8); Fixed term for 12 months
- $76,424 paid pro rata + 9% Super
Museum Victoria is seeking a Senior Employee Relations Adviser to provide high quality and tailored employee relations research, analysis and advice to members of the Museum Victoria Leadership Team and staff.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The successful applicant will provide expertise regarding complex and difficult HR cases as well as influencing MV’s overall employee relations strategy and approach.
Three key areas this position will be accountable for are:
- Initiating research and analysis on major issues facing Museum Victoria
- Producing recommendations, draft policies, guidelines and documentation consistent with findings
- Providing authoritative advice which contributes to Museum Victoria maintaining positive employee relations and effective working relationships with staff, the Union and other relevant stakeholders
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and experience in employee and industrial relations (ER/IR)
- Ability to perform IR and related research and analysis, and to provide optimal solutions, where issues are complex and multi-faceted.
- Proven ability to comprehend organisational dynamics at a strategic and corporate level.
- High level negotiation and influencing skills
- Well developed knowledge and sound practical experience advising and consulting on a broad range of HR issues
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Nicholas Gold on (03) 8341 7768.
To apply, please send your Resume and a Cover Letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 13 February 2013.
Please note, the salary on offer is $76,424 paid pro rata + 9% Super. Please disregard the salary range above.