- Lead the Development and Delivery of Outstanding Exhibitions at Museum Victoria
- Full Time and Ongoing Opportunity Based at the Melbourne Museum
- $114,569 -$131,139 + 9% Superannuation
Museum Victoria, Australia’s largest, most visited and most awarded public museums organisation, is seeking a strategically-focused and dynamic individual to lead its Exhibitions Department, overseeing an ambitious program of exhibition renewal in the permanent galleries alongside major inbound international touring exhibitions.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, exhibitions, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and the world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is accountable for leading people and professional practices in the Exhibitions Department to deliver exemplary exhibitions and other projects, the strategic planning of the exhibition program, the development of initiatives to secure funding, and providing optimal outcomes for Museum Victoria stakeholders.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Extensive experience and demonstrated capacity to develop, implement and manage, at a senior level, the planning and delivery of multiple, complex projects in a multidisciplinary, technical environment.
- Extensive experience in management of the production of innovative, enjoyable and enriching exhibitions for broad audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to plan strategically, formulate business plans and budgets, manage resources and deliver outcomes, including experience in the engagement, management and monitoring of consultants and contractors
- Demonstrated highly developed communication skills which have been successfully used to engage with key stakeholder groups, promote and advocate for projects and programs.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Dr Robin Hirst, Director of Collections, Research and Exhibitions, on ph. +61 3 8341 7244.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement that address each of the Key Selection Criteria by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/
Applications Close: Monday, 8 April 2013.